PDA

View Full Version : boat off trailer

emuparkpete
14-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Some seized keel rollers on my trailer are due for replacement, so I would like to work on the trailer without boat attached. Any tips on getting the boat off and securing her would be grate. (16ft half cab) I've seen boats with tyres under their keel etc.
Cheers, Pete.

SeaHunt
14-07-2006, 04:53 PM
I'll take it out for the day while you fix the trailer ;D ;D ;D

a_big_red_1
14-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Pete, where ever you put it tie the transom to a tree or another car, unhitch the boat from the trailerand then drive the car/trailer away steady, make sure the motor is trimed right up, put a few tyres on each side of the boat to stop it tilting, to put it back is as easy, reverse the trailer to the boat then unhitch the trailer from your car, start winding the boat up on the trailer, once you pass COG the trailer will slowly come down, hitch your trailer back up to the car and finish putting the boat on, its to easy mate
cheers
Daz

a_big_red_1
14-07-2006, 05:06 PM
oopps i have should of said to do this in your yard, not on concrete

tiny_tinny
14-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Pete,

When I did this a few years back to my 'glass 1/2 cab, I took it to a ramp and launched it where I could park the boat an a nearby beach, then did the work in the carpark. #The main thing is to be sure you have all the bits you need (including washers, split pins, etc) to finish the job.

To be on the safe side, it might be a good idea to take someone else with you to keep an eye on the boat. #I reckon it's a lot safer than trying to drop it onto tyres or whatever.

BTW, do you live at Emu Park? #It's a great part of the world. #I used to live at Rocky, and went out to the Keppels any time the weather and family allowed. #Absolute heaven!

Best of luck,

Mike

emuparkpete
14-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks for all of your help fellas ! some great pointers !!
Hey Mike, I agree about the keppels. We've only had the boat for
2 months and have been to most of the islands. Fringing reefs there are awesome!
Like a washing machine out there this weekend, so maybe a good time to fix trailer.
Cheers all, Pete.

Blackened
14-07-2006, 05:24 PM
G'day
One of the boys here did a step by step thread for this exact reason. Cannot remember who it was but try searching for it. It was very informative, pictures and all.
Dave

emuparkpete
14-07-2006, 05:54 PM
G'day
One of the boys here did a step by step thread for this exact reason. Cannot remember who it was but try searching for it. It was very informative, pictures and all.
Dave
didnt come up in a search (damn 25 thread limit) but if anyone remembers that post, I would love to check it out .
Cheers ,Pete.

SunnyCoastMark
14-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey Pete,
If you can, try to use stainless steel roller pins through the rollers.

The Gal pins only have a limited lifetime before they sieze up again.
Costs a little more - but well worth it.

You'll find the roller spin a bit more frely as well.

Mark

Darryl
14-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Gidday Pete, i had to get mine of the trailer last week, i was lucky as mine just pushed off the trailer though. I was going to put rope from the ski cleats to the landcruiser and drive off in my car but didn't need too. I used tyres to keep the bum off the ground and also to stop her from rocking and so forth.After driving most of the way off i simply threw 2 besser blocks along the front with a piece of timber in between, and supported it with tyres also.

Dont forget to trim your donk up, and also flip your transducers etc up mate as well. When you go to put it back on the fronts already the right hieght so basically back the trailer to the boat as far under as you can then just winch her he rest.

Hope i made sense for you cause i just confused the shite outta myself lol.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6443/boat0ta.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

seabug
14-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi Emuparkpete,
The post about putting boat onto tyres was posted by Mr_Bean.
Regards
Seabug

emuparkpete
14-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks a mill Seabug, Great pic there Cresty ! Always blown away by the help that pours in .
Cheers, Pete.

troy
15-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Emuparkpete,
Make sure you have the boat chained at certain intervals and have someone on the winch otherwise the boat could fly off and cause damage.
Troy