PDA

View Full Version : Rope start success !!!

emuparkpete
15-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Thanks to the advice from several members , I rope started my suz 115 today with ease. Whoah, what an awesome feeling to kick her over by hand.
(Note: rope stored in boat originally broke into pieces on first try.)
So not only can I go outside with no fear of dead batteries, I also have an updated bunch of strong rope on board.
I used "Cruiser's" advice and leant on the rope rather than yanked it-not even a drop of sweat.
So thankyou again all for some grate advice.
Pete.

Got_the_Fever
15-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Pete it is always good to have a backup to starting your motor, I have a 30hp yammie on my boat that is pull start as well as battery. Im glad that you have been able to pull start yours and give you that little bit of peice of mind.

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

BaysideMarine
15-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Good stuff. :)

SunnyCoastMark
16-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks to the advice from several members , I rope started my suz 115 today with ease. Whoah, what an awesome feeling to kick her over by hand.
(Note: rope stored in boat originally broke into pieces on first try.)
So not only can I go outside with no fear of dead batteries, I also have an updated bunch of strong rope on board.
I used "Cruiser's" advice and leant on the rope rather than yanked it-not even a drop of sweat.
So thankyou again all for some grate advice.
Pete.

Hey Pete,
That's great - it just gives you that bit more confidence to know that if your battery does fail - you have an alternative.

Make sure you replace that rope every 12 months or so.

Cheers,
Mark