PDA

View Full Version : Half cabin conversion

mgeritz
17-07-2006, 03:18 PM
I have a 5.8m fibreglass half cabin, but rarely utilise the cabin. I am wondering if it is possible to convert the half cab into a center console which would allow me to then convert the v bunks into a casting deck etc. Is this possible? Would the structural integrity be ruined? Would I have to add some kind of bracing from side to side etc? Any help much appreciated.

Noelm
17-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Anything is possible, but, it has to be financially viable, might just be better to sell it and buy a centre console, or maybe swap it to someone who wants to keep warm after owning a centre console for a while!

HarryO
17-07-2006, 06:20 PM
[quote/ Anything is possible, but, it has to be financially viable, might just be better to sell it and buy a centre console, or maybe swap it to someone who wants to keep warm after owning a centre console for a while![/quote]

;D # #;D # #;D # #;D # #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Hagar
17-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Harry

Anything is possible in fibreglass mate but that is one big job you are proposing . Easier to do on a runabout cause the side deck moulding goes further towards the bow than on a half cab . Love Noel's comment - plenty of centre consoles out there for sale ;D ;D .

Chris

steveg1100
17-07-2006, 08:28 PM
I agree with the others better to sell and buy a centre console boat will work out cheaper for you but if you want to go for it

Check out this I came across

http://www.fishnet.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55558&f=8

someone doing exactly what you are proposing.

steven g

fishingjew
17-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Harry

Anything is possible in fibreglass mate but that is one big job you are proposing . Easier to do on a runabout cause the side deck moulding #goes further towards the bow than on a half cab . Love Noel's comment - plenty of centre consoles out there for sale ;D ;D .

Chris

As hagar said find a decent runabout hull i sold my half cab and paid $500 for this alot of work but its set up the way i want it.

fishingjew
17-07-2006, 11:06 PM
And ended up with this another 5 weeks should see me back on the water again 8-)

fishingjew
18-07-2006, 07:32 AM
pic3

mgeritz
18-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Thanks guys much appreciated. I think a sale might be the go!! :D