PDA

View Full Version : Needs or wants

S_Bend
17-07-2006, 10:09 PM
After some thoughts/ideas. I have a 6m SeaJay centre console with a 80HP Yamaha 4 stroke. I am putting it in for a few modifications next week but wouldn't mind your (sensible and otherwise) thoughts on what you think I should add. At first, I was going to write a sensible post including what I did have, what I am doing now and what I wanted to do later - but where is the fun in that. I thought I would leave this open to what you guys think a boat like this should (or could) have.

Cheers. ;)

PS I suppose a photo would help a bit...

S_Bend
17-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Sorry guys, wrong photo.

And yes, my son does like to wave at the camera a bit.

Gbanger
17-07-2006, 10:21 PM
upgrade the deckie to an older version, i dont think the youngun will be any good with the anchor work...

maybe a t-top for those sunny days...

Mr__Bean
17-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Without doubt the best thing I put in my boat was the deckwash pump.

Relatively cheap to buy and easy to install.

Keeps the bait board area clean and makes a "bloody" mess much easier to clean up.

- Darren

hussy
17-07-2006, 10:49 PM
some rego numbers

Heno
17-07-2006, 10:54 PM
maybe some more rod holders a livewell ....

Gbanger
17-07-2006, 10:59 PM
some rego numbers

thats not his phone number mate :)

daz35
17-07-2006, 10:59 PM
I have a 535 magnum converted to cc it has t-top with rocket launcher,live bait tanks,kill tank,deck wash as mr bean says best thing for keeping everything clean,huge underfloor anchor locker,all excellent and very handy.only other things i would do to my boat is some sort of removable seat at back for when kids come out and bigger fuel tank 80 litres just isnt enough.

jimbo1
17-07-2006, 11:21 PM
My centre console seat has a swivel back rest that you can push forward so you cab sit either way and have back support. T/Top canopy would be good with rocket launcher, have your deck wash if you get one set up as pump for live tank as well. Bearing buddies or the like on trailer and I also put a strip of deck grip over the top of the wheel arch so when you step up on it and its wet you dont go arse up. Maybe a cray pot puller frame if you do that sort of thing. Name your rig perhaps! I have one of the new GME am/fm radios which is good for something basic, bit of back ground noise when your on your own is nice. And perhaps some docking lights.

James

fishingjew
17-07-2006, 11:23 PM
paint job ausfish stickers

Fishing_Freddy
18-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Hi Jamaryiz I found some led deck lights are good of a night as they are not to bright and you dont loose your night vision.I would defenitly get a 't'-top as it easy to get cooked on the water,the live bait and kill tanks are good if you do that type of fishing as it keeps the deck clear of unwanted eskys.
Ken ;D ;D ;D

lippa
18-07-2006, 12:10 PM
big esky!!!

Murks
18-07-2006, 04:06 PM
lots and lots of fish guts on the floor is nice to have...ocassionally

S_Bend
18-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Cheers, guys. I'll bump this post again in a few weeks when I have put all into place. Murks, I agree. Gotta have the smell of fish in your boat - even if it's been two months since your last expedition. Best way to relive it I reckon.

Anyway, already got the big esky up front (onya Lippa), kill tank as well, live bait tank, t-top getting made next week along with the rocket launchers and dual batteries. I am also toying with an idea of some type of fibre optic cabling that can change from white light to red light (night visions issues). A mate of mine is a fibre optics expert and has some good ideas. I'll post up some photos when it's done.

Thanks guys.