jim_likes_2_fish
15-07-2006, 10:36 PM
pic2

jim_likes_2_fish
15-07-2006, 10:36 PM
pic3

phewy
15-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Welcome to the poly club jim. Nice rig. A few things I noticed instantly when compared to ours.
Your bimini is so much longer, especially over the front screens, which would assist greatly when the sun is down lower. You haven't the extra bars to support the bimini at the back like ours. They do tend to get in the way a tad. Will now look into it after seeing yours. The front railing doesn't go around as far as ours. And the etec 60 looks so compact compared to our 60 efi 4st. http://members.optusnet.com.au/paulhew/newpolycraft/poly3.jpg

Good luck with the new boat mate. ;)

Hornblower
16-07-2006, 03:22 AM
Nice Boats fellas, how do they compare in weight next to say a glass boat?

Cheers ;)

MyEscape
16-07-2006, 06:03 AM
There's a couple of nice boats there. I must admit I'd be looking at those seriously in the future.

I like the toughness of aluminium, however the weight of the poly boats gives a good ride, plus their toughness too, particularly when compared with a glass boat which I tend to think you have to treat very very carefully, especially on some of the ramps we have in Mackay, not many have the nice floating pontoons etc.

Steve

StevenM
16-07-2006, 06:13 AM
Congrats on the new toy buddy

She looks like she will serve you and look after you well

cheers

DNO40
16-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Nice Boats fella's,

Phewy - Where was that photo taken ? What a lovely piece of country side

DNO

griz066
16-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Noice very noice 8-)

jim_likes_2_fish
16-07-2006, 08:59 AM
There's a couple of nice boats there. #I must admit I'd be looking at those seriously in the future.

I like the toughness of aluminium, however the weight of the poly boats gives a good ride, plus their toughness too, particularly when compared with a glass boat which I tend to think you have to treat very very carefully, especially on some of the ramps we have in Mackay, not many have the nice floating pontoons etc.

Steve

Hi Steve

Dry weight of hull is about 350kg all up with motor trailer fuel and gear about 700 to 750kg. For more info head to www.polyboatowners.com lots of info there on poly boats go to the forum section. This way you get honest advice from people with polys and they're only to happy to help.

Pictures were taken at a relatives place on Coomera river.
Thanks Jim

SunnyCoastMark
16-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Huh - that is the first poly boat I've seen in white - almost makes them look like a real boat! ;D ;)

Seriously though - nice rig Jim. Hope you get some good fish with it.

Cheers,

Mark

Deiter
16-07-2006, 09:56 AM
ha ha ...another motorised fender, i'm keen to get a ride in one soon to make my own appraisal. (anyone got a 530 cuddy?)

enjoy

Smailesy
16-07-2006, 10:04 AM
nice rig

phewy
16-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Nice Boats fella's,

Phewy - Where was that photo taken ? What a lovely piece of country side

DNO

Hey cq. It is a holiday house up at Marlo, East Gippsland. It is the Snowy River estuary in the background.

Hey jim. Have you any ideas where you will put rod storage. It is one of the very few (only one maybe) downfalls of the 4.55f/r. Seen a few that have welded some plastic side pockets on. :-?

jim_likes_2_fish
16-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey jim. Have you any ideas where you will put rod storage. It is one of the very few (only one maybe) downfalls of the 4.55f/r. Seen a few that have welded some plastic side pockets on.

Idont really keep my rods in the boat full time as I have a few different set up's depending on where Im fishing. For travelling the rods just go on the floor of the boat. Then when under way there are 2 rod holders in the stern. the other 2 rod holders are either side of the motor this is where the bait board fits in and that has another 2 rod holders on it.

Forrester
18-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi Jim
The new unit looks really great. I have a 4 year old front runner and looking to get a bimini for it. Is yours the genuine Polycraft or an aftermarket one?
Roy ;)

jim_likes_2_fish
18-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Hi Jim
The new unit looks really great. I have a 4 year old front runner and looking to get a bimini for it. Is yours the genuine Polycraft or an aftermarket one?
Roy ;)

My one is custom made, I dont know if Polycraft still have bimini's available. And as you are thinking custom made ones are not cheap but I cant complain quality is excelent. Some people I know have also gone with ones pre made from places like BCF and Bias boating and have no complaints.