PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota problem

shandos
19-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi there

Have a small problem with one of the clamps on my Minn Kota electric. There are two clamps on the main shaft casing - the one I am having trouble with is the smaller one that applies tension to stop the motor swinging all over the place when you let go the tiller ( the other one sets the motor height when running).
A mate tensioned it a little too tightly and stripped the thread - the bolt is stainless but is tapped into plastic(?). What would be the best way to fix this. I suspect others have had the same problem. To replace the plastic bit might be a bit difficult as you would need to remove either the motor or the control head.

Thanks
Paul

BlitzBaga
19-07-2006, 06:57 PM
If you have enough meat, tap it out to the next size, if it's 1/4" tap it out to 5/16"

Cheers
Murray

warrior
19-07-2006, 07:28 PM
shandos ring BLA down at hemmant they are the rep for these motors they will probably fix it for you as the motors have a three year gauantee and they honor it very well ,if its run out they will help you sort out how to fix it.they have a lot of gear in stock so they might have the part for you.

shandos
19-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks for that Guys

will follow up both suggestions

Paul