PDA

View Full Version : new boat 445F haines

eimeo
19-07-2006, 08:54 PM
I have just brought my first boat a 445F haines hunter centre console.It is intended to be used to fish the whitsunday's and as a tender for my sister's 42ft displacement cruiser
What do ya reckon
Any help on setting her up would be greatly appreciated.I am thinking live bait tanks.I have put in bilge pump,dual batteries,gps,sounder,t-top
i ultimately aim to have a crack at some bill fish
any thoughts

seaeagle
20-07-2006, 08:06 AM
They are a excellent boat mate,just bought one this year & put a new 60 yamaha on it rides extremely well for there size. Plan to set mine up as well, at the moment it has to bait wells down the back.

JLW
20-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Can't quiet tell from the pic mate, but a set of game poles is always handy for bill fish. Nice boat by the way, should be ideal for what you want to do by the sound of it. Rocket launchers are also handy to get spare rods up out of harms way when hooked up.

Cheers,

Jeff

Smithy
20-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Good score. I would be looking at spray dodgers then something that made my little Blackfin a whole heap better, padded coamings. Chasing Billies with that motor you are going to need a heap of fuel so some sort of spare fuel setup or places to stash plastic jerry cans. Don't worry about outriggers. I like the look of them but you are probably better off with none over badly set up ones.

Bundy_Burp
20-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Great place to get depressed here there are alot of people getting some very nice boats . I suppose I better start twisting the bank managers arm a bit harder maybe I can get myself a new boat as an xmas present . ;)

eimeo
20-07-2006, 05:09 PM
sea eagle
i have 2 wells down the back -i am thinking of turning one into a live well-are they big enough???they seem really small

dave

litenup
20-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Dave, I've heard that u recon this is your mistress. Looks good. cheers Pete