PDA

View Full Version : polycraft 530 cc

bass_buster
14-07-2006, 09:01 PM
gday,
i was just wondering if anyone has a new polycraft 530 and if they will handle offshore conditions, allso is a 90 hp big enough for these boats.

any help will be great, cheers

Chimo
14-07-2006, 09:56 PM
bass buster

You should read July F & B mag no 121. There is a test of the 530 in there inc offshore. It had a 115HP and they thought 100HP would be the minimum and bigger might be better ie if it were rated to 140HP to carry a load of fuel blokes, etc and gear.

Cheers

Chimo

sparky54
15-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Hi. bass_buster

I have ordered a polycraft 5.3 cuddy cab with a 115 suziki, from all I have read the 115 is the go, the guys at polycraft and the dealer have both told me the 5.3 handles offshore better than the 5.99. Still have a few weeks till it arives though.

Cheers

sparky54

jim_likes_2_fish
15-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Hi Bass_Buster

head to www.polyboatowners.com and head to the forum section, heaps of info on polys and the people there are only to happy to help.

FishHunta
16-07-2006, 04:42 PM
G'day Bass_Buster,
The 5.30 Cuddy is very offshore capable keeping respect for size of boat to weather conditions. The poly's punch a bit more than a good deep V glassie but make up for it at rest, or across or following sea.
A 90hp will get u there & back ok, but if crossing bars etc a bit more out of the hole may help as the poly's are still quite heavy.

Cheers,

FishHunta

MrWong
16-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Hi there
I have a 5.3 cc and I love it! I have a 115hp suzuki 4 stroke and would recommend hydraulic steering.
I have posted many tech data reports and bits of info about it on here before just look for the old posts.
My boat has been out to wide of hutchies and deep tempest seen some very average conditions and i would rate it as more seaworthy than a 6m pressed ally boat.
I have never ever felt less than bullet proof in my poly!
Cheers
Norm ;)

boyzie
22-07-2006, 03:27 PM
they are awesome boat just about to order mine just going through few details with polycraft themselves. going to bolt a 115 tohatsu on the back! the guys at polycraft said its not possible to upgrade the steering to hydraulic after its left the workshop due to them filling them with foam....does this sound right??

PADDLES
23-07-2006, 12:30 PM
i got taken for a spin in one at a poly test day with a carby 90 merc on it. i waited till there was another couple of big guys there before we all piled in for a go because i was concerned about the motor size. it definitely needs a minimum 115hp motor if you are going to load it up. have a look at the hull specs, they are really heavy (750 odd kg) and that's why the ride is awesome, i was pretty impressed.