PDA

View Full Version : Trailcraft Rig

Borminator
22-07-2006, 07:00 PM
It seems that everyone loves to have a look at boat photos, I know I do, so I have attached a photo of my new rig. It is a Trailcraft 4.5 that measures around the 5.0m mark all up. The motor is a 60hp 4/stroke EFI Mercury. I got it second hand but it was immaculate and could pass for new. Only 15hrs on the clock. Dodgy weather at the moment in NQ with 25/30knot winds but did get out for a run last weekend. I was impressed with the handling in the chop and even in a fair wind no water came aboard. The side console is set off the side of the boat and is a great height for standing as well as sitting. No bells or whistles on it at the moment which in a way I was happy with as I can set things up how I want them. Want to do a few runs first to find out what I want and where it should go. :)

StevenM
22-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Mate good rig and I recon you would have saved a penny or two.

Cheers

Steven

cliffo
22-07-2006, 08:11 PM
NICE RIG DOG ;D

maxi
23-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Well done. nice boat

Greg

Great_White
23-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Nice rig she looks brand new, what year and roughly how much did it set you back if it's O.K to ask ;)

Peter :)

GAD
23-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Nice rig mate , not wrong about the weather up in here in NQ, [but wil give me time to catch up on things and maybe wire in a second battery], hope it comes down for next weekend.
Where you hail from bloke

Greg

Borminator
23-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Great White - the hull is late 2004 and the donk is 2005. Dunbier trailer is a great looking set up with override disk brakes. Large kill tank under the front deck, plumbed live bait tank and the bait board. Cost me $19k.

GAD - I'm in the Hinchinbrook area and love it! The idea of this rig is that it is small enough to do the creeks and channel but sea worthy enough to get me to the reefs on a good day. Used to go out 45km out in my old pressed hull tiller steer with 40hp 2 banger so I find this one very comfortable. 8-)

RayB
24-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Top rig Blue Dog! I should now as I have the same boat / motor but just a newer version. You certainly did well on price and it will serve you well. Last Friday I took the boat out in 25knt winds and although it was uncomfortable day the boat handled the conditions quite well.

I am interested in your performance figures, i.e. speed at WOT etc. Also what height is your motor mounted at? Mine is second hole from the top and I believe that the height of the motor makes quite a difference. Another trailcraft owner recently raised his engine and gained an extra 8klms per hour at WOT.

cheers
Raymond

JB
24-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Blue Dog, Mate they are top boats. I have had mine now for going just on 3 years about 400 hours up. If you let me know your email address i'll give you the good oil and some photos on how i have fitted mine out.

Great price you got it for, a steal. I've had mine out at the barwons , they are certainly very seaworthy. But in saying that, i got caught in 2m swell and 20knts plus of SE down here wide on the 36's one day off tweed and it was a nasty ride back going 45 deg acrs swells. But we made it bak safe and sound with nothing broken.

Anyways good luck.

Jas

Tinn
24-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Top rig mate wish it was mine

Borminator
24-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Raymond, the motor is mounted in the middle hole of the five so I guess that would make it one hole higher than yours. Don't have any figures available yet but have a GPS and might get out in the morning if the wind holds. I will let you know the results. It's good to hear that they handle well in the rough as this was my main reason for upgrading. My last boat was an Allycraft 4.45 and even though they are roughly the same size there is NO comparison. Never felt 100% safe in the old rig unless it was dead flat.

JB thanks for the offer of the photos I am keen to get a few ideas. This will make post no. 8 so as soon as I am able ( 2 more) I will PM you.