PDA

View Full Version : Concerned crack in tinnie , what to do?

gutzy
27-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Found a 10cm crack in weld where sides meet hull. :'(
Is it best to get it tig welded over or to actually add another strip of aluminium around problem area. :'(
Will start looking around goldie for someone who has a tig welder so until then its landbased fishin as I
dont want to risk anything. :'(
##^%#%$#&^%$#&^%$#&^%#&^%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( >:( >:(

HarryO
27-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi Gutzy.

Pop it down to your local welding/ fabrication shop,
or boatbuilders.

If its not too hard to do, they'll probably fix it on the spot.

They'll only use a cover strip / patch if the surrounding
alloy is too thin or weak.

Don't use any silicone type products in the crack as it'll
make the welding job much more difficult.

Harry.

frankj
27-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Gutsy

If you live on the northern end of the Gold Coast there is a chap who works from home near the Arundel Primary School at the junction of Napper Road and Woodland Way. He used to be called, the Tinny Doctor, his name is Barry .
Very obliging bloke and a top welder. Give him a call and I am sure he will fix it up, he is very quick. tel 5594 6996 or 0408 784066 He will come to you as well.

Good luck.

Cheers
Frank

Crisp_Bee
27-07-2006, 05:29 PM
My Mate on the sunshine coast took his tinny to a boat builder and had a couple of splits in the hull fixed. Good as Gold.
;)

gutzy
27-07-2006, 06:18 PM
thanx guys as I have been having a cardiac about this but now I see it can be easily fixed.
FrankJ I will give him a call tomorrow , thanx mate.

Owen
27-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Gutsy

If you live on the northern end of the Gold Coast there is a chap who works from home near the Arundel Primary School at the junction of Napper Road and Woodland Way. #He used to be called, the Tinny Doctor, his name is Barry . #
Very obliging bloke and a top welder. #Give him a call and I am sure he will fix it up, he is very quick. #tel 5594 6996 or 0408 784066 # He will come to you as well.

Good luck.

Cheers
Frank
#

I can vouch for that.
I worked for Barry for many years.
Can't believe he's still doing it.

cheers,
Owen