PDA

View Full Version : LED Deck Lights

Foxie
25-07-2006, 08:36 PM
After reading the posts on Led trailer and nav lights I was wondering if anyone has come across any LED lights that can be used for deck lights. At the monent i have 3 lights placed under my gunnels of my boat for when fishing at night and I too also worry about the drain on the battery after a nights fishing. If anyone has come across any would be great to know where,now much and if your happy with them.

Cheers Foxie

boatboy50
25-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey Foxie,

They are available. Go to your local decent chandlery and you should find some.

Boating and Leisure World on the Gold Coast has them for around $30-$40. There is heaps of different ones to choose from.

Regards

Darren

Sean
25-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Better still, go to your local auto electrical distributors and get it at a fraction of the cost. I am about to get some rectangular flush mount led lights for the face of my alumininium seat for night fishing...about $12 each i think...don't quote me on that. If anyone is interested I could see if he wants to sell stuff to fishermen. I think they are hella too. Sean :)

Angla
25-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey Foxie, I just bought a set of led's from Jaycar (ph. 07 3863 0099 or check out jaycar.com.au.) It has 21 led's in a flexible strip about 600mm long with a solid end cap at each end. ($29.95. part no.SL3950 ) It is waterproof and I have fixed it to the canopy bar above the bait board.
It gives about the same light as a 11 watt twin fluro that I also have installed in the centre of the deck area.
I have supplied it from the white anchor light circuit and have a switch on it so that I may turn the LED light off while travelling or sleeping. Considering that you have to have the anchor light on all the time at night, then it always has supply available when needed.
It is a good looking light and is in a great position . Due to its small size and weight - it should do the job nicely and not be in the way to hit my head on.

Angla

ManyRivers
25-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Have a look at www.brightlightautoparts.com.au as the prices are the lowest I have yet seen.

I have bought some LEDs (bayonets and festoons) to replace the bulbs in my cabin and deck lights. They also sell replacements for the bayonet that is used in most anchor lights. For my anchor light, I had already rebuilt it to take small halogen bulbs, but have now swapped that for a LED garden light bulb from Bunnings. These things use less than 0.1 amps.

At home, I have the boat battery connected to a solar panel on the roof of the shed, and leave the anchor light on in the shed all the time. After days of cloudy weather (with no solar charge), the battery is still full. I am amazed at the light output for such low current draw, and would recommend them to everyone.

Bundy_Burp
25-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I dont think there is a .au on the end of the addy for bright light auto parts should be http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/

Bundy

JustOneMore
26-07-2006, 08:35 AM
I purchased my LED gunnel lights from www.superbrightleds.com

They had what I was looking for, however I did have to get them posted from the US. Landed about 5 days after ordering.

I purchased the SBL Luxart LED Cool White - 1 Watt Luxeen. They seem to be a better LED. I have attached a diagram for the ones I have.

Heath
26-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Hey Foxie, I just bought a set of led's from Jaycar (ph. 07 3863 0099 or check out jaycar.com.au.) It has 21 led's in a flexible strip about 600mm long with a solid end cap at each end. ($29.95. part no.SL3950 ) It is waterproof and I have fixed it to the canopy bar above the bait board.
It gives about the same light as a 11 watt twin fluro that I also have installed in the centre of the deck area.
I have supplied it from the white anchor light circuit and have a switch on it so that I may turn the LED light off while travelling or sleeping. Considering that you have to have the anchor light on all the time at night, then it always has supply available when needed.
It is a good looking light and is in a great position . Due to its small size and weight - it should do the job nicely and not be in the way to hit my head on.

Angla

Just bought one of them flexable strips to go round my bait board for when fishing in the dark. Yet to fit it, but looks the goods.

mitch_05
26-07-2006, 07:02 PM
these are the only ones i have seen

http://www.polyboatowners.com/forumimages/LED_lightbar.jpg

mitch

Foxie
28-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks a lot for all the information fellas will go and check them out.

Cheers Foxie