PDA

View Full Version : DESPERATE minn kota endura 30 HELP???????

blaze
26-07-2006, 04:07 PM
trying to find a spec sheet on the suckers to work out what battery is required, nothing in the box (new) except the warranty papers and a stupid user/parts list. No info on amphours, please help as blaze is getting frustrated. Doesnt even seem to be any thing on the minn kota web site or am I just having one of those thick in the head days
cheers
blaze

blaze
26-07-2006, 07:11 PM
anybody got some clues for me
cheers
blaze

warrior
26-07-2006, 07:13 PM
how are you blaze give bla a ring they are in hemmant.they are the minkota reps and will have all the info you need.

ahoj
27-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Blaze

you can use any battery--- any capacity the motor will only take as much as is needed.
Just make sure if its 12 volt and if you use 2 batteries make sure you hook them up correctly or you will finish with 24 volt and can and will damage the motor for ever cheers

Ahoj

BrandonH
27-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Ahoj si right Blaze, the 30 is also stating that it draws 30 amps an hour, so if running a 100amp deep cycle battery off the motor flat strap you will get about 3.5 hours but you shouldn't need to run it flat out all the time anyways. I would highly recomend getting a deep cycle, that is what the electrics are meant to run off even though a acr bat will work you will kill it quick. also get a good smart charger for your deep cycle battery as they need to be charged well and often if you want to expect them to last. I have 2 120amp batterys for my 40 and a good deep cycle i can't remember hte name of atm ::) cost me about $200 and the bats were $150 at Sundown. let me know if you woudl like some more info mate.

Cheers
Brandon...

gogecko
28-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Looks like your questions have been answered, but if you still need help, Ive got a specsheet for the 30. I got mine near new of another member here, and it was still in the box with the papers. I also found the amphours on the website, its 30amphours for the 30. PM me if you need help, but Id use a 100 -120 amp deep cycle and a good charger as stated.

regards
Andrew

blaze
28-07-2006, 06:02 PM
thanks all
cheers
blaze