PDA

View Full Version : bluefin wildcat

jackextracter
28-07-2006, 10:27 PM
dose any one on here own a bluefin wild cat if so how are they what do you think of them.

Poseidon
29-07-2006, 06:32 PM
I have had one for about a month and been very happy with the purchase. The ride is great and with the 60HP EFI Four Stroke it can really hook along. Stability is good and there is more than enough storage available.
It's set up really well for lure / SP fishing and the front cast deck has plenty of room to move around. Mine needs the motor lifted one hole as another sold by the dealer has better handling with a higher prop, it's a fairly new model so they are still undertanding the best option for the motor height. Theo at Mr T's Tinnies puts together a pretty good package with electric motor, electrical fitout, colour sounder, built in tackle storage for a very competitive price. There is a report in this months QFM as well if you have a copy.
Picture of the rig below.

Regards Cameron.

Poseidon
29-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Pic.

jackextracter
29-07-2006, 07:44 PM
I have had one for about a month and been very happy with the purchase. The ride is great and with the 60HP EFI Four Stroke it can really hook along. Stability is good and there is more than enough storage available.
It's set up really well for lure / SP fishing and the front cast deck has plenty of room to move around. Mine needs the motor lifted one hole as another sold by the dealer has better handling with a higher prop, it's a fairly new model so they are still undertanding the best option for the motor height. Theo at Mr T's Tinnies puts together a pretty good package with electric motor, electrical fitout, colour sounder, built in tackle storage for a very competitive price. There is a report in this months QFM as well if you have a copy.
Picture of the rig below.

Regards Cameron.
Have you been out in the bay in it and does it handle ruff water good and do you use much fuel up with the 60 4 stroke.

Poseidon
29-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Haven't had it out in any real rough water as yet, though tripping around The Pin today it handled most of the wakes from the cruisers OK. The weight of the boat get's you around the slap, slap you may find with lighter tinnies and the bow shape pushes the water well.
The 60HP seems very economical, I haven't done any maths on it though the needle on the gauge doesn't move that much.
My main use for the boat will be impoundments, estuaries and perhaps the bay on good days.

Regards Cameron.

perko
30-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Cam, does yours have a rod locker and a livewell. Any pics of the interior?

Poseidon
30-07-2006, 08:45 AM
No rodlockers, as there is positive flotation along the sides that takes up the space where the rod lockers could normally go. Rod holders on the console work OK for me. There is a 90L livewell standard and 60 L underfloor fuel tank.

I will post some pics of the insides this afternoon.

Regards Cameron.

Poseidon
30-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Perko, here are some pics of the inside.

Poseidon
30-07-2006, 03:18 PM
more

Poseidon
30-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Another

Poseidon
30-07-2006, 03:20 PM
More

Poseidon
30-07-2006, 03:21 PM
last

warrior
30-07-2006, 09:34 PM
mate i think the wildcat is the phantom cut down great boats i have a warrior and have had it for three years and its great ,mate has the phantom he is rapped with his as well ,we go out to moreton regularly and have no probs,pick your days and you will have some great days fishing.