PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new boat

Archer
27-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Hey guys, Im thinking about a new rig and was after some suggestions please.
Im looking for a Bream/bass boat around the 4m mark ive looked at the Hornet trophys (there very nice)
What other rigs are around that are similar to this that would be as good/better??
Boats for flicking SP's around rivers and creeks mostly a little freshwater work now and than and as i may soon be working in brissy a few days a week possible (is it safe to do so??) a few trips into the bay in good conditions.
Pics or links would be great but i do know how to use google so dont go to any trouble. ;)

Thanks guys
Joe

Bundy_Burp
27-07-2006, 04:46 PM
I have been looking around a bit myself lately and I am starting to think the Polycraft boats dont sound too bad the prices seem pretty good and what saving I'd make on the cheaper hull I'd put into a 4 stroke engine .
This is a link to the centre console I was looking at http://www.polycraft.com.au/410_challenger.html

Bundy 8-)

BrandonH
27-07-2006, 05:46 PM
yep aggree.. my next boat will more than likly be a 4.55 poly with a 50hp 4s donk ;) the 4.1 would probablly do you and will certianlly get you into the bay and back safe in good conditions, i take my 3.7mtr clark out if its under 10 knots!! Have been pricing the polys too so have a fair idea on price..

4.1 with 30hp 2s open boat $12000
4.1 with 30hp 2s center or side $14000

4.55 with 40 2s open boat $14500

oh also the 4.1 dosn't have a under floor tank but the 4.55 does ;) well worth a google mate!!!

Another boat getting good wraps is hte trailcraft but i don't know what sizes they do. they are a very well built boat but have the price tag to match :(

Cheers
Brandon...

PS: forgot to add that the poly is heiver than a tinny witch means heaiver towing but smother ride in rough conditions. i know one guy who has taken his 4.1 out the other side of morten!!!! but he is a very good skiper and use to run a trawler.

luskin
27-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Hi guys

Just got a 435 hornet trophy 3 months ago and had a most excellent adventure ;)

See this link for that:http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1150639389/0

Love the boat :D

Plenty of uses ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Sy

luskin
27-07-2006, 11:34 PM
deck

TIM-DONSELAAR
28-07-2006, 02:09 AM
i got a yellow 2006 model 4.1 polycraft open boat with the following

- 2006 model 30 hp electric start tohatsu
- carpeted floor
- brand new oceanic trailer
- 12 months rego on boat and trailer
- couple of life jackets,v sheet,sand anchor and rope

i recently picked it up from currumbin marine for $8690,i found currumbin marine the cheapest around on polycrafts.

im pretty happy with my 4.1 apart from the rough ride when the wind picks up,but you have to expect that in a v nose punt.

here is my baby
http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1152276611/0#0

cheers tim #;)

BrandonH
28-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Yep Prices have changed since i last looked so don't take too much notice of my last post!! seen the 4.1 as Tim has said for the 8grand mark.. very cheap..

oh and i noticed one quote in fishing monthly for the 4.55 with a 50hpsuz4s for $16800!!!!!!

cheers
Brandon...

Archer
28-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Cheers for that guys.
I had looked at the 4.1 Poly my first thoughts were nice looking rig but.....
a real lack in storage space/options. Apart from the 2 80l bins up the front and the small section down under the rear deck thats about it yea? By the time you change one of the front bins to a live well add in a deep cycle for the leccy saftey gear thats not leaving to much room under the front deck and rear deck crank battery and fuel tank and the small live well will pretty much fill that area up aswell??

Tim if its not to much trouble could you post some pics of the insides of your boat please mate?

What about the edge trackers? Browsing the net this morning and they look the goods abit more exxy than the others though..They any good?

Brandon took a look at the trailcraft website didnt see to much that would be suit my needs. Nice looking boats though.

Sy that is a sweet looking rig you have got there and one hell of a great trip you took...Lucky bugga. Do you mind letting me know what the boat with all the bells and whistles was worth? PM if you dont want to make it public knowledge. ;)

Thanks again guys im still a while of making a decsion be a good few months of looking and taking test rides before i part with my hard earned just trying to narrow it down somewhat. :)

Archer
28-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Ohhh Brandon my old mans got a 4.55 Centre poly with a 50 E-Tec on the back. Hes very happy with it nice boat but didnt really do that much for me to be honest. He fishes out of bundy and mostly just drowns a bait so suits him well. Nothing really wrong with the boat just didnt feel quite right for some reason. For eg with me standing driving and the old man (hes about 90Kg's) sitting on the side of the boat it had some serious lean going on to the point of when i went through a wake of another boat doing about 6 knts the wake almost came inside the boat it leaned over that far. :o
Now if we were off shore and it was a decent enough wave or what not fair enough but this was a wake from a similar sized boat.....Just thought they would be abit more stable than that. :-/

BrandonH
28-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Archer that is a bit worring :-/ but still whenever i take someone out b4 i head out i tell them to move left a bit, no not that far back an inch ::) untill I am happy that the boat is level. must admit i haven't been in one yet but seen them cruzing along and it looked very stable and rode the waves well without the bang bang i was getting :-[

PS: didn't mention this b4 but my dad has the hornet trophy in the 435 side consol with a yamaha 50 4s donk. was more expencive than i thought it would be but he got a heap of gear added to it like 2 live wells, flaot sqitch for the pump umm all safty gear and not sure what else :-/ Cost him $24000 ready to go.

Cheers
Brandon...

Archer
28-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Thanks Brandon yea the side consoles are alot more expensive thats for sure!!!
Dont know if i really want a side console or just good old tiller steer...Time will tell i guess.

Yea id make sure you take a good few rides in the poly mate before laying down any cash. See if you can convince someone up your way to take you out for a trip and actually fish from them how you would normaly fish. I dunno it just didnt suit my style of fishing but hey the old man dosnt fish like i do so the old say diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. ;)

sparky54
28-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey Archer

Check out http://www.polyboatowners.com and go to the forum and innovations there is plenty of advice and coments from very satisfied owners there

wayne_cook
28-07-2006, 10:04 PM
in the smaller boats I recently saw a snyper that i was impressed with, it was 4+ meters and looked good sorry I have no links but before u buy check them out.

markpeta
29-07-2006, 05:44 AM
Check out Fisher Boats here is a custom 450 tiller we done last year. Being a plate boat it would be go well out in the bay as well.

markpeta
29-07-2006, 05:45 AM
:)

markpeta
29-07-2006, 05:45 AM
:o

markpeta
29-07-2006, 05:47 AM
Last one.

Mark

Scott_Thunder
29-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Archer i got a 395 trophy explorer 13,000 with the trimmings. found them cheaper than hornets and more suited to what i want. i only got 25hp yamaha but u can go bigger. not sure how they go out in bay and stuff i just freshwater lakes and rivers but gee she planes well even with 3 blokes.
Cheers Thunder

hussy
29-07-2006, 08:59 PM
you could buy a 1/2 share in that fisher boat for that. hubby

luskin
29-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Hi Joe

Cost me @$26000

A lot of moola but it's what I want eh ;)

CD/mp3 player,marine radio(previous boat),27x gps Hummingbird,custom side console,underfloor fuel, ;)Garmin ff140 up front with 55 saltwater riptide foot control ;D ;D
50 hp merc ,2 new inflatable PDF's plus normal jackets,portable bait board,2 livewells plus anchor well.
1 side pocket,live bait tank.2 batteries. drive on trailer with walkway. Jockey wheel spring loaded.LED lights. Nav lights,under gunnel lights.bilge pump.speedo, rev counter, hour metre, bimini and excellent travel cover too.

Umm... that's about it :D

Thanks and good luck with your search

Cheers

Sy

TIM-DONSELAAR
30-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Archer here is a couple of pictures of the inside of my 4.1 poly

cheers tim :)

TIM-DONSELAAR
30-07-2006, 10:44 PM
:)

Archer
31-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks very much for the input guys.
Cheers for the pics Tim. ;)
At this stage after much looking around over the net and a few boat yards im leaning towards the 4.1 Poly side console with a 50 e-tec or 4 banger on the rear....

Joe

TIM-DONSELAAR
31-07-2006, 11:14 AM
4.1 side console with 50 etec sounds nice ;)

cheers tim :)

Fishin_Dan
31-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Go the E-Tec Archer ;)

Snappercoffin - How much did that little Fisher go for roughly (If you can post here - PM if not)