PDA

View Full Version : Brooker

zedjack33
28-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I am looking at getting a Brooker Safari.

Does anyone around the traps have any ideas on what they are like?

How dry are they etc?

Cheers for the help!

Zedjack33

winston
28-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Hell Zedjack 33, I have a Brooker safari 4.1 with Yamaha 30 hp 3 cylinder. I have had the boat for 6 months but changed the 30hp 2 cylinder Yamaha to the 3 cylinder. I have found the boat to be very well made, as soft/hard riding as any other tinny but exceptionally good value for money. The Yammy pushes it to 26-27 knots (with two aboard). The safari is the pick of the models with full flat floor and casting platform and pedestal seats, much better than thawrt seats. The changes I have made are better quality seat, rod holders in the side decks, on the bow rail (trolling) and a set of three rod holders mounted to a plate which attaches to the side decks and side pockets. Fantastic little boat. I bought the boat from Marinetune at Burleigh Heads and cannot reccomend them highly enough. Cheers Winston.

zedjack33
31-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the feedback Winston.

Changed from a 2 to a 3 cylinder, any particular reason?

winston
31-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Zedjack 33
I changed to the three cylinder as the two cylinder could not idle/troll for more than five minutes without oiling the plugs. You would then try to accelerate onto the plane but the motor would misfire badly. The three cylinder has eliminated this issue as it has three carbies instead of one. The three cylinder is larger and seems much better built. It has a better shallow water drive and full tilt mechanism ( the two cylinder has a flimsy pin). Both are quite fuel efficient and the three cylinder doe idle smoother. Well worth the extra $800 more than the two cylinder. Just completed my first run on 100:1 premix and am very happy with the motor. Would I prefer a fourstroke? Yes but not for another two thousand dollars more. Cheers Winston.