PDA

View Full Version : underfloor tank???

eimeo
02-08-2006, 07:06 PM
i have a 445f haines centre console with a 75 hp merc 2 stroke.i currently have 2 x 25l fuel tanks.i live in mackay and i really need a fair range and feel 100l + would be ideal.i have some room at the back to put in a bigger tank but i am worried about too much weight in the stern.i was thinking about underfloor fuel tanks-

any thoughts???

dave

peterbo3
02-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi Dave,
I live at Campwin Beach just down the road. I think the underfloor tank will be the way to go. There is a fibreglass shop at the end of Heaths Rd the name of which has deserted me. You will see the moulds in his yard anyway. Pop in there with the Haines & ask what they think.
An alloy tank custom made should not cost the earth & will keep your centre of gravity low down where it should be.

blaze
02-08-2006, 09:46 PM
local glasser down our way has been building some glass ones inbetween the stringers and bulkheads. got to use a special resin.
cheers
blaze

SO70
02-08-2006, 09:59 PM
some 445s came with an underfloor fuel tank
i have it in an old Modern Fishing magazine

Roughasguts
03-08-2006, 10:12 AM
If you get one custom made, Get them to stick a brass outlet in it nice and low with a tap on it.

Then when your fuel gets old and stale you can attach a peice of hose run that out your bung and drain all the petrol out.

Gonna make life a lot easier if your worried about stale fuel.