PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for improving an old tinny?

Wild_cat
01-08-2006, 09:27 PM
I use my father-inlaw Alleycraft 4.0 tinny great boat for the my 2 kids and the old fella we had some bloody good day in it. But I would like to do a couple of alterations and would appreciate some suggestions.

1/ I would like to mount an external live bait container on the rear of the boat. Any suggested designs.

2/ I would like give the old boat a facelift what paint and preperation should use for the aluminium side only and what is the quickest was to remove the flaking standard white paint that is on it at present?

3/ The tinny already has a good deck But the father-inlaw has reached an age were it is difficult to move around. He positions himself up front and looks after the anchor. I want mount a swivel chair just aft of the bow to allow him to position himself to fish or do the anchor with a minimal amount of movement. Is the done thing to have a sub struture welded under the flooring (flooring is structural/marine ply) Or is buying a chair with a wide base suffient. The boat has the stadard bench seat at the bow but is probably just set too far awayand to low to comfortably handle the anchor.

Pictures of your set up in any of these three adjustments would be great

Thanks

maxwellson
02-08-2006, 08:38 PM
hey wild cat, am currently doing up an old tinny with some mates, have a look at rebirth of a tinny thread this chat board. cheers Maxi

seatime
03-08-2006, 05:44 PM
here's a way to mount a seat on a tinnie seat.