PDA

View Full Version : Refuelling at North Straddie

born2fly
03-08-2006, 11:07 PM
HI all,
just wondering if there are spots to refuel with boat in Water at North Straddie or Moreton (Tangalooma). Am having a 3 day fishing/camp trip with some mates and unsure how much fuel will be using - have hired a 5.99 Polycraft with 200l fuel tank running a 140hp Suzuki 4 stroke motor and wanna make sure can make it back home on the third day :)
Any advice much appreciated

MulletMan
04-08-2006, 07:34 AM
born2fly is not old Gary Honour is it?

If not, the refuelling at North Straddie is suspect at best. The local guy who runs the garage just near the main boat ramp can supply "some" fuel and the gang on the following link appear to do likewise.

http://www.amitybungalows.com.au

I would certainly make some phone calls to confirm the above as I planned a few days there some years back and couldn't get fuel for the love of money - maybe it is better now?

seatime
04-08-2006, 09:04 AM
G'day

don't know of any in-water refuelling at Straddie or Moreton, pretty sure you'll have to carry a drum to the boat.

road tankers can refuel trawlers, etc at the One Mile jetty, but you need to order about 1000lts.
closest in-water would be Raby Bay, then Doboy Ck and Rivergate.

you might find someone with a ute, drum and pump to refuel but it'll cost you!
call the Amity Pt General Traders, Pt Lookout Roadhouse or Dunwich Garage, they're the refuelers on the island.
fuel for Kooringal (Moreton) is supplied from Amity by barge, big $$.
Tanga's fuel comes straight from the mainland, don't know the arrangements there.

rgds

born2fly
05-08-2006, 09:37 AM
born2fly is not old Gary Honour is it?

Nah mate, just picked the name out of the blue when I joined 8-)

Thanks for the info there. Will give the Amity campground a call and see what they say. I'm pretty sure the bungalows does come to think of it but guess I'll be taking a couple of jerry cans just in case ;)