PDA

View Full Version : sea jay 435 -opinions please

jeffo
06-08-2006, 06:24 PM
ok i know a few blokes have them..but any one else had any good or bad experiences with them>? just finalising my choices for the new boat. in that size is there something else you would choose over them?

TIM-DONSELAAR
07-08-2006, 11:27 AM
polycraft ;)

Daniel_Trenfield
07-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Hi Jeffo,

I bought a 3yr old 435 escape recently. Motor is Yamaha 40 4str.

I'v found the boat is great for what I want. I can get up the shallow creeks with some crab pots or over to Moreton on a good day.

We can comfortably fish 2 people, three is a bit tricky when casting. Easy to launch & retrieve alone.

The only thing I don't like is it sits a bit low in the stern. Otherwise, no dramas yet.

Dan.

Matt_F
07-08-2006, 01:14 PM
I think you would get a similar type of ride in an allycraft tank. The construction of the tank is much better than the seajay (more ribs and 3mm bottom and sides in the 4.5m). The tank is much wider and deeper so you end up with more boat for about the same money. I went through the same decision process about 8 months ago and found the tank to be the better option. Also, it is best to check between the different dealers, I found the dealer in Cairns much cheaper than the dealer in Townsville and the dealer in Cairns was willing to take me out for a test ride.