PDA

View Full Version : Lowance LCX -15 CT or similar

dnej
05-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Does anyone have one of these GPS ,sounder combination units.What is your opinion.They would be about 3 to 4 years old, I would guess.
David

isaac
05-08-2006, 09:12 PM
dnej, I have a LCX - 15 MT set up as a gps/chartplotter only. Its easy to use, nice big screen is easy to see and the Navionics map detail is quite good. Cant comment on the sounder side as I have a JRC colour unit for that. #You looking at buying a second handy? Cheers Ben

nofrills
05-08-2006, 09:52 PM
yea we use one as a sounder only with an 8degree thru hull transducer its works fine out wide and is very user friendly ;)

dnej
06-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the replies. Was I correct about the age?. I have had one offered to me.Has not been used for 3.5 years.Been sitting in a box.

Hooked it up to a battery,looked at the simulator.Colours were not impressive at all. Do they deteriate when not used?

What are they like in sunlight?
Regards David

Peter_Mitchell
06-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Hi David,

I have one which I use as a plotter and sounder combo. #Mine requires a separate active GPS antenna. #The screen gets a bit washed out in the direct sunlight but is certainly still very usable.

It has a lot of great features and if you are getting for the GPS make sure that you get the charts to go with it.

Cheers, Peter.

dnej
07-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Peter,
Just out of interest,if you were selling your unit, what price would you expect
Just want to make sure the price is correct. This unit comes from NZ,and has been stored in a box for 3.5 years.No charts come with it.Do you use Navionics?
David

Peter_Mitchell
07-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi David,

I am guessing but they probably went for something like $2,000-$2,500 when new (it was on the boat when I bought it secondhand two years ago). If it's been in a box for that long it probably hasn't been used but will be out of warranty. You'd want to test it before outlaying the cash.

I'm not sure that I'd sell it - it does all that I want and more. So I'm not sure what price I'd get if I did sell it.

Mine uses the Navionic Classic chart small. It has plenty of detail and works a treat for me.

Cheers, Peter