PDA

View Full Version : Barcrusher 560

philh
08-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Hi guys

Been looking to upgrade the boat to something a little larger to venture further afield and have been looking at both the stabicarft 559 / 589 and barcrusher 560. Currently have a 17foot centre console fibregalss.

Inital thoughts are that the barcrusher has way more equpment included and way more space. I'd love some feedback on the benefits of both from anyone who owns either unit.

The other thing I wouldn't mind some feedback on is the fact that after talking to the dealers of these two units in brisbane is that they don't really appear interested in selling them. I've asked about prices and received the standard sales game from both (albeit more enthusiasm from barcrusher) but their quoted price don't seem to be anywhere close to prices I see on sites on the net. Is it too hard today to go in and just ask for a good deal or am i asking too much??? What would I expect to pay for these units and given the boat show is coming up should I be expecting a better deal. ( dealers say this won't make any difference to price paid). Also any better boats on offer given I am looking to venture offshore and want plate.

Looking forward to feedback.

chuss
08-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Blakes Marine seem to give the best price.
Go and join the sportsfish site, ask for a quote as a member. Then take that price, show the dealer and ask them to match it. If not, bugger em and get it from Blakes Marine in Sydney

Plenty of other "better" plate boats out there, gazillions of builders.

Give us your requirements and budget and we can point you to some...

Fisher
JBS
Riptide
Seatamer
Excalibur
Vision
Noble
Goldstar
Razerline
Downunder
AMM
Gardner Marine
Seastorm
Assassin
Spacecraft

The list goes on and on....

philh
08-08-2006, 10:33 PM
requirements
up to mid 40's on spend
safe full ie. buoyancy and stability
fish 3 (max 4ppl) out at the barwon banks
soft riding hull (love glass but can't sleep at night thinking about knocking it against something)
usual accessories - kill tank, bait board, rod holders, electronics (without going overboard)
easily towable by family car (though prepared to invest in 4wd if required)
plenty of space for fishing
basically rolls royce for mini price given recent findings at discussions with dealers.

thakns for the comments re the approach to dealers with using blakes marine price. I like the barcrusher because it seems to hold it's value in the market and there aren't alot out there. given that, many of the brands you ist above also don't appear in the 2nd hand market

chuss
08-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Joshua boats could be a goer for your budget. www.joshuaboats.com.au

Fisher boats maybe an option www.fisherboats.com.au - Don't know about pricing though.

Riptide is very good also www.riptidealloyboats.com.au

All will be more than glad to help you and customize to exactly what you need.

All depends on size of boat you want. You can fish 3-4 people out of a 4.6m runabout or the same in a 6m cabin - both could be towable by your family car.
You need to decide on a size. Then motor option, do you want 2 stroke, 4 stroke. How many hours per year will you do? etc..

philh
08-08-2006, 11:01 PM
I'll have a look at all these guys.

either looking for evinrude ecotech or suzuki 4 stroke. I'm prepared to pay a premium as I believe these are the best going fromk comments back from others who own them. My thoughts are to invest in something economical and quiet and others will want it in the future.

I will probaly do 60-100 hours per year

dnej
09-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Have a talk to Col at Fisher.They customise for you.Received the plate boat of the year award,that says something.
David

Glind
09-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Not only plate boat of the year but "Aluminium Boat of the Year".
Says plenty I reckon.
Tim

Az
09-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Have a talk to Col at Fisher.They customise for you.Received the plate boat of the year award,that says something.
David

ditto!

noluck
09-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Philh
i got 560 bar crusher #with 115 yamaha 4 strake #and i #can not be more happy with # it
got all what i need and das #job for me
fishing alltime hards and barwon banks #overnight etc no problem at all
# it is ok for 3 p
4 are to much #
#if u bay one u will not go wrong Stone corner marine are #very good guys to deal with
i m note sure #but mid 40k will not get u one # got to be close to 50k and over
cheers No_luck

Hibernator
09-08-2006, 10:36 AM
I have a Barcrusher 560c with a 140 suzuki. #On a tandem trailer, with plumbed live bait tank, deckwash, baitboard, skipole, hardtop plus extension sunshade, VHF & 27mhz, Sarca anchor & chain/rope, Lowrance 3500 & 102, plus a few other little extra and it came to around mid 40's, straight from the factory in Dandenong, Vic.

Excellent boat that can handle some of the nasty conditions we get down here in Vic. #The only downside I have found so far is it is sensitive to weight distribution when up on the plane. #

Hibernator

noluck
09-08-2006, 10:48 AM
#The only downside I have found so far is it is sensitive to weight distribution when up on the plane. #

Hibernator

Hibernator
i had same problem #whan i fill live bait tank and it is bager very big around 50 l
i just putt trim tabs on my and they #working #very good
all ways nice and stright now :)
cheers no_luck

philh
09-08-2006, 08:37 PM
no_luck

how many litres per hour do you average

noluck
09-08-2006, 11:09 PM
i dont know # i think i go to banks and back #do all up about 130 km and use about 80 90 l #m not sure
some times is big sea sometims u get nice run

i had ones in moreton buy run 100 klm in flet bay and use only 51l
most speed was around 4300 to 4500 rpm
some how allways use some fuel #:)

Dionisay
09-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Hi philh,

for the past 6-8 months i have been reading on boats (looking at buying soon) and BarCrusher was on of the first i looked into. No dought they are great boats and you mostly hear positive feedback. The problem though is I believe they are over priced.

Stabi are also good boats and i believe Leisure marine have good deals happening however not sure if you should buy from them due to the negative feedback on forums. http://leisuremarine.boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBoatID=1715626&TabID=94708&Alias=leisuremarineau

I am now looking at a trailcraft boat http://www.trailcraft.com.au/boats/models.aspx?model=540sportscab with trailcraft trailer and bait board, deckwash, radio, dual batt and off shore safety gear, 100hp 4st yamaha @ $43,999. If you are intrested I can PM you the dealer.

Dion

noluck
11-08-2006, 01:08 PM
bar crusher 560bc is 5.6 m (not 5.4)long with Overall length: 6100mm #and Overall trailer length: 7000mm ,Overall height on trailer (roof folded): 2200mm it will fit any garage
and min hp 115 (not 100hp)
i know what my next one will be 640 hard top ;)

any how what ever u buy mate i wish u good luck #on the end we all get what we got $$$$ for
cheers no_luck