PDA

View Full Version : Confused and need help

troy
17-08-2006, 07:36 PM
I am very sorry for being a pain in the ar..e this thread as i have bought it up too many times.
I am painting my tinny and i went out and purchased a single pach etch primer and was told by the paint shop to use 2 #pack luxthane.
Then some members disagreed with this.
So being in a small town i rang Townsville paint shops and was told to use Imperite as the top coat but was told that i could not use the single pack etch and i would have to use a 2 pack primer.
Again i rang another company and was told to use Profect but i could not use the primer i have already bougth.
Then i need as special breathing mask $114.00.
Now i am really confused and i do not blame anyone if they do not reply.
Sorry
Troy

Seahorse
17-08-2006, 07:50 PM
troy.
my mobile is 0411643128. just ring me and i will put u on the right track as i have said before. you certainainly are getting the run around. i did say earlier how to do it.

cheers
greg

lippa
17-08-2006, 10:18 PM
you'll need the mask, regardless of what material you are spraying. the method i pm'd you is both simple and cost effective. maybe just use the etch, and throw a quick coat of enamel over the top. won't be a "trick" finish. but probably be good enough.

cheers

lippa

maxwellson
18-08-2006, 06:16 AM
gee mate you are confused. take seahorses advice it is true and i am in total agreement with him (i have been in the trade 25 years) stop punishing yourself mate, ring him up !!!!!

Cheers Maxi

troy
19-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Maxwellson
Mate i took your advise and #spoke to him and he did not get back to me.
Troy