PDA

View Full Version : Alloy 4.75 to 5.0m open boat

FNQCairns
19-08-2006, 05:28 AM
I really like the Stessel truck design of hull are there any other comparable pressed hulls that I should consider buying?

Any advice welcome as I have had my head in the sand lately.

cheers fnq

FNQCairns
19-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Ok I have changed my mind, now it is 4.9 to 5.5, anyone know which brand has the deepest V. Trying to find side on pictures of these boats on the net is a real chore.

Anyone got a Savage Cobia 5.5 open boat?
What about a Quintrex Dory 5.2?

cheers fnq

lippa
19-08-2006, 12:12 PM
here's mine, a 5.25 stacer seahorse, has a 60 hp ,merc on it. very happy with it

cheers

lippa

Gard
19-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Fnq,

Mate i used to have a savage pacific 525, I chose it over a cobia as it had a little more depth in the side, which comes in handy in the top end.
I found it was very good in all aspects and suited me fine. I used it in both river and blue water and handled well in both situations. I up graded 18mths ago, however i still see it on the water. I think that most mass production boats are relativley close now days, and that only leaves the custom option.
It sure isnt easy, and the more you look the harder it gets.

Good luck

Gard.

Matt_F
19-08-2006, 02:34 PM
FNQCairns,

The allycraft tank is a similar concept to the truck. I'm very happy with mine. Boat Scene in Cairns sells them. I bought mine through them and found them very good to deal with. I think the construction of the tank is far better than the construction of all the standard pressed hulls. It doesn't say on the web site, but I'm fairly sure they do a 5m model. They are worth a look.

Matt.

FNQCairns
19-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the interesting reply's.
In this size range I have had quotes from 4500 to near double that, saw a 5m Trailcraft in for repair with around 15 structural cracks while looking around a yard today, our wind driven chop can certainly do some damage to boats with blunt-ish entrys.

Got a lot more thinking to do, 7 or 8 grand is a big purchase to try and save some fuel money for the future.

Mat what size ob is on your Tank?

cheers fnq

tabsabout
22-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Have you tried looking at the extreme open from www.goldstarboats.com.au #