PDA

View Full Version : this rod holder?!

jeffo
24-08-2006, 06:15 AM
can any one point me in the direction of this product or something similar (needs to be able to me mounted flat (parrallel with the ocean) must be strong as it will be used for my outrigger bases.

cheers.

made by "sailmaster"

StevenM
24-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Doesnt look like it would be real hard to manufacture jeffo and probably at a better standard

the welds look like only spot

Where are you...Alluminium Boats at Bris Ship Lifts could wack it up real quick

cheers

Steven

perko
24-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Jeffo, they are available at whitworths. We have bought heaps of them over the years. They are a vertical rail mount type and in your picture they have left off the bottom rail clamp and screwed through the bolt holes. Tony.

PADDLES
24-08-2006, 07:44 AM
i bought 4 the other day that look very similar at bias. they're made local i think but they've got a plastic mounting bracket now not a stainless one like in the photo. it'd probably break if mounted like that. best thing would be as suggested earlier, go to an alloy welder and get a tube welded on.

2iar
24-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Perko's on the money:

http://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?cat=136&item=72043&intAbsolutePage=1

I've got a couple myself on the bimini rails - I'm not sure they'd be stong enough to support outriggers, but I don't know much about them.

Good luck,
Mike