PDA

View Full Version : boating licence nsw

Fisho_Mel
29-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Just got my boating licence so I can now drive my hubby's boat when he is not around. the place i went to is www.boatinglicence.com.au

They made it so quick and easy just how I like it!

Cant wait for my big dream barra trip, does anyone know a good place to book a fishing holiday?

Fisho Mel

abitfishy
29-08-2006, 12:52 PM
Good work Mel.

Maybe I'm being untrusting, but sounds to me like one of those 'unscripted' advertisements on TV where all the celebs talk candidly about how good a product is and we are lead to believe they actually mean it.....

You aren't affiliated with that company at all are you mel?

SWFISHER
29-08-2006, 04:02 PM
You have just given me a thought? If I was to boat and fish in the Iluka area, do I need any different licence and permits to what I would have in QLD cheers Kevin

Seahorse
29-08-2006, 05:09 PM
i checked this out prior to going to ballina few months ago and was told by qld transport that i needed a letter stating i was a licienced boatie in qld. This will carry on into nsw, but apparently police in nsw cannot confirm this from their records if you are pulled over on the water. Their is a special form to fill out at qld transport and they will do up a letter while you wait. i had mine laminated.

cheers
greg

fishingnottake
29-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Just got my boating licence so I can now drive my hubby's boat when he is not around. the place i went to is www.boatinglicence.com.au

They made it so quick and easy just how I like it!

Cant wait for my big dream barra trip, does anyone know a good place to book a fishing holiday?

Fisho Mel
correct me if i'm wrong, but in nsw isn't it just a written test to get your licence? so why would you pay these jokers 200 dollars and then pay the licence fee's instead of paying the 7 dollars for the boating handbook then 50 dollars for test and licence? i'm not saying the way nsw does it is right, just wondering whats the point?

Roughasguts
29-08-2006, 05:50 PM
You can get the boating test and answers on line as well.
NSW Maritime.

Bloody hard test though I still can't get it all right.

fishingnottake
29-08-2006, 05:53 PM
just had a look at www.maritime.nsw.gov.au and you don;t even have to buy a booklet, it's online, though it does change from oct onwards,then you need a piece of paper from an approved provider but i don't see what benefit the new system has, still doesn't require practical experience just seems to stuff the coffers of the training company. Dont get me wrong, we need to weed out the drongo;s as much as possible, but this is even slacker than qld, with their loaded dinghys doing laps of the seaway, and scoring their cornflake licences, this just seems like a nothing alteration.

SWFISHER
29-08-2006, 06:08 PM
thanks seahorse I'll beter check it out thanks kevin

saphire
29-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Good on you Mel and congratulations.
You can take off in the boat when ever you want now.
all the best,
saphire.

abitfishy
29-08-2006, 07:44 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but in nsw isn't it just a written test to get your licence? so why would you pay these jokers 200 dollars and then pay the licence fee's instead of paying the 7 dollars for the boating handbook then 50 dollars for test and licence? i'm not saying the way nsw does it is right, just wondering whats the point?

Worse, I did multiple choice on the net, went and sat the test. Hello licence. What a joke!

Charlie
29-08-2006, 07:56 PM
I memorized the online quiz but they threw a few extra questions at me they rotate a few test around,depending on the test you get you might need some more study.

steveg1100
30-08-2006, 04:07 PM
If you read the book available from nsw maritime and take it in you should be ok for the test.

The sample tests should tell you if you are ready.

Some people find it hard to read and take things in or prefer to just sit in a class and be tought, and I suppose they will be the ones paying the money for someone to go through the info for them and present it to them in the class mentioned by Mel.

Archer
30-08-2006, 04:29 PM
After the 1st October you HAVE to do that (or similar not THAT paticular) course before you can sit the test....
No offence Mel but that looks like shamless advertising to me. Who would pay $199.00 to do a course that at present you dont have to do? ::)

Fisho_Mel
30-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Its not shameless advertising, it just taught a novice like me the basics of boating face to face. whats wrong with learning from people in the know. whatever... i enjoyed it!

Ron173
31-08-2006, 09:51 AM
I dont mind my licenced wife driving my boat, but it'd scare me if she had it out while I'm not around!

gunna
31-08-2006, 10:06 AM
In Sydney the maritime test guys do a training session followed up by the test around the licenced clubs - for free except for the cost of the licence obviously. Just gotta ring to see which club they are at and when. Did mine at the Panthers years back - can still cost a few bob if you drink and play the pokies though ;D ;D ;D