PDA

View Full Version : Aquamaster 5.4m?

FNQCairns
23-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Anyone seen one?, touched one, been in one?, own one? fell out of one? :D

Me, I have done nothing outlined above but would love to hear from anyone what they thought of the experience - the boat that is :)

Thinking I might like to own one but need other fishos advice first.

cheers fnq

Seahorse
23-08-2006, 07:56 PM
boats made at hillcrest brisbane. use to be browns plains, but higher up. ;D
i looked through factory about 2 months ago. if i hadnt decided to go a runabout he had my business for open tinny.looked the goods, very well built. give him a ring. owner ia paul. seemed like a nice bloke.

FNQCairns
24-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks to all for the reply's here and in the last couple of posts I made asking for advice, also for the replys to my PM's from Seahorse and Matt.

I have ordered the Aquamaster 5.4m Abalone open tiller tinny with some changes to gunnel and front deck design over standard.

Now the 8 week wait till completion :(

Going to put the 30hp #:-[ on the back until I can save up for the next spending spree on a proper sized donk, till then I will have one hell of big creek fishing boat :D

Cheers and thanks fnq

Fishin_Dan
24-08-2006, 11:28 AM
OK, so I have to delay any jobs I have coming up in cairns for up to 8 weeks hey FNQ ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like you're gonna have a nice boat!

FNQCairns
24-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah Dan your welcome anytime but if you would like a trip to the reef and back with the 30hp better pack some lunch, dinner, breakfast and possibly some more lunch ;D

here is a pic of the hull, mine will be the most basic but still identical hull, other stuff coming sooner or later :-/

cheers fnq

Az
24-08-2006, 12:32 PM
may need a sail too :P

FNQCairns
24-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Az what do you advise - a wood or alloy mast? might be able to include it during manufacture if alloy is the go :).

Not sure how fast the 30 will push it. Thinking 12 knots cruise with a more houseboat pitched prop on it, no matter just details ATM.

Cheers fnq

Az
24-08-2006, 01:11 PM
;D

no idea mate, it will be a nice rig mate... good for trolling!! ;)

FNQCairns
24-08-2006, 03:34 PM
trolling! ;D ;D

Az
24-08-2006, 03:40 PM
just dont let anyone go skiing around the crocs!!! ;D

Az
24-08-2006, 03:40 PM
double post

Seahorse
24-08-2006, 05:19 PM
good luck FNQ. the wait is akiller. Ihave been waiting 6 weeks and picking up tomorrow. did u buy it straight from paul.

FNQCairns
24-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Tommorrow!! Mate congrats!, dont forget to true the boat with your eye from as many angles as possible before signing off. A tape measure wouldn't go astray either. There is a clark in a yard here where the gunnel height is almost 1 inch lower at the transom one side compared to the other when I ran my eye over it :o

Sure you will have no problems, - straight to the water for a run? lucky bugger.

Yeah straight from Paul, seems fair dinkum and I guess not like the salesman I was expecting (after speaking to a couple of other more mass produced tinny manufacturers). price was the kicker though, simply the first real honest price I found, makes me wonder what the out the door cost of a 5m open tinny really is to the big mobs, prolly well less than 2 grand I guess.

cheers fnq

Good_as_Gold
30-08-2006, 07:29 AM
G-day
I have purchased a 5mt open from aquamaster a few months back, I have had nothing but pleasure sinse owning it.

I had a 85 lt under floor tank put in and motor well combined with a live bait tank and battery storage , under the floor there is room for a 20 lt reserve tank and the extra rope.
It is powered by the yammy 60 4 stroke.
I have clocked up about sixty hours and half of that outside.
It handles great off shore an average trip out to the catheadrals about 130 km and about 40 lts most of the time about 5500 rpm.

Good luck mate

Good_as_Gold
30-08-2006, 07:31 AM

davo
30-08-2006, 09:20 AM
As I said in earlier posts Paul is great bloke and all the people I've directed to him have been very happy with their boats.

FNQCairns
30-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Good as gold, thanks for the pics, looks smick! you have done more hours since you bought it than most do in a year, I like your economy which is the reason for buying a pressed boat, hope I am as happy with it as you are.

Davo, I think it was you who gave me the heads up in the first place about the existance of Aquamaster - cheers for that :).

He He... only 7 weeks left to go!

fnq

abitfishy
30-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Why do manufacturers take so long to deliver fairly simple boats? I would have thought the basic hulls would be already sitting on shelves, with only the bits and pieces to do.......but a few months seems common to wait for these things. Surely they aren't all made on order.

rogue2527
31-08-2006, 07:27 AM
is there a website that shows all models and prices available?

FNQCairns
31-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Abitfishy in my instance there was on kit still on the rack but it was taken, I am not unhappy about it really as I no longer purchase anything that depreciates on credit so it gives me some extra breathing space.

I suspect that some manufacturers outsource the laser cutting of the kit and this is cheaper to do in large orders, hope the saving is passed on :D

Rogue try here: www.aquamaster.com.au
dont think all the boats are listed cause I cannot find the one I am buying, no prices listed.

cheers fnq

Good_as_Gold
31-08-2006, 09:22 PM
G-day FNQ

Are you getting the same hull as what i have or are you going bigger, mine is the 5m and if you add the pod it is 5.4m. What donk are you going to get , I would of liked to go bigger but $ stopped me the sixty goes pretty good at top fully trimmed 60km. Go the extra wide gunnel that way you can fit your electronics underneath.

FNQCairns
01-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Good as gold, the 5.4 is a bit bigger most everywhere also a bit more weight, the model with a pod pushes it out to 5.8m. Which engine brand is on yours? If I fit a 60 I may need to go down a pitch or so in prop size from the one you are using so I might see 50kph wrung out :'( - I am guessing.

Still working on the options V available money, you mention the wide gunnels, I am having trouble finding anyone with the 5.4m open boat and engine, fitout inside should be the same as yours.

If you find the time I would be happy to receive any internal pics you can send also any other thoughts on the boat you may have regarding the fitout I could look into?? also looking forward to a aquamaster owners chat via email :) nqcairns@ausfish.com.au

cheers

fnq

Mindi
24-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi

Just wondering how the 5.0M Aquamaster and 60 Yammy 4Strk is going...? did you mean 60KmPH top speed....sounds pretty good. What prop using..? Thanks..John