PDA

View Full Version : Stabi craft info/ opinnions

SURF_SNIPER
01-09-2006, 01:34 PM
went to the boat show yesterday to check out a few offshore boats as we are heading up to rainbow beach permantly soon and want to take advantage of the vast array of offshore fishing avalible to us up there.

had a look at the 640 bar crusher, sea quest and a few other plate boats but have totally fallen in love with the 759 stabi craft super cab( drool.......)

my inlaws live in invarcargill ( south tip of kiwi land ) where the boats are designed and made, and if youve ever seen how ruff the seas are down there, you know that these boats can take a floging.

would like to organise a test run in one of these boats to see how they perform for myself.

any stabi owners out there or people who have been in one who can give some feeback or oppinions?

very interested!! 8-)

marlinqld
01-09-2006, 02:07 PM
dont own one but have been for a ride in one.
I believe the slogan is spot on...........

When the seas are smooth they are great.......
When the seas are rough, they are brilliant.

Would love one myself

Mike

Smithy
01-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Liked Nuggets setup. A 585 Furuno and a Canon Mag 20 in a boat like his - awesome!

Do a search on here in boating chat for posts by Vertico, Craigie and myself and you should find yourself a few pages on them.

SURF_SNIPER
01-09-2006, 03:01 PM
did the search just before, yep great info.,

looked at the etec's at the show too, was quite impressed.

SURF_SNIPER
01-09-2006, 03:50 PM
on another note, without trying to bag them to much...... probly the worst build quality of boats i saw at the show were the formsa range..

some of the welding was terrible!!!!!!!! ::) ::), if you get a chance have a look on the plate ones especialy around the cabs etc where they have ground the welds to leave big gouges and holes and then just tried to paint over them ::)

you would think for the boat show ( where people are crawling over your boats ) you would put your best ones.

sorry anyone that own's a formosa boat :(

outsiderskip
01-09-2006, 03:55 PM
send vertigo a pm he has got one

pete

gunna
01-09-2006, 04:02 PM
There is another post going about dream boats. I haven't posted over there but if I did it would be a Stabi [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

charleville
01-09-2006, 04:53 PM
It would be worth sending Nugget a PM on this. #He loves his new Stabicraft but has made some suggestions to the manufacturers on how they might make a few little adjustments to suit fishermen better.

I am also in love with these animals. #The 759 even has a kitchen sink! # ;D #See pix from the boat show below.

They had a good range on display at the boat show but the one that I would have liked to have seen is the 659. #The Stabicraft guy from NZ said yesterday that the 659 is the most sold boat to Aussies.

Nonetheless, it was good to see the bigger boats like the 759's and the 609's. #I also thought that it was a great testimonial to see a 759 in survey fitted out for oceanographic or similar work for the Qld state govt. #That they have to drop that big round ball thing over the side through a specially cut out part of the port side suggests that they must be pretty stable in the horizontal plane.

They are expensive though for what is basically a work boat when you compare them with the really nice finish and comforts of, say a Cruisecraft.

sjp
01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
can get a nice bostonwhaler for that money

chris_stanley
02-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Hey surf-sniper, in regards to your comment about quality of finish on some boats i gotta agree. I too am doing homework on platey's and there was another fairly high price plate manufacturer at the boat show and in my opinion a pretty ordinary finished boat/boats. Especially for the money they are asking. Now im no boat builder or painter but i am in the construction/engineering industry and quality of workmanship and presentation sits fairly high up the ladder. I kinda expect the same when i'm about to hand over 60-70k for a boat. And if they dont care about how the outside looks, do they really care about where we cant see. After all first impressions last.

StevenM
02-09-2006, 05:16 AM
I recon vertico's boat is a cracker. Was dissapointed that they never had any open boats there myself

SURF_SNIPER
02-09-2006, 08:38 AM
charlie..... eye's off the 759 mate.... ;D

the missus was crawling all over that thing and i reckon its a corker, exspensive but an animal of a fishing boat. table folds down to turn into another bed as well. the big instrument on the epa vessel is a wave rider bouy.

im going over to new zealand around christmas and we now plan to stop into the stabbi factory which is only a few km's down the road from the inlaws place ;) might try and bring one back with me.

included in the 759 super cab price is a full kit of electronics which they dont mention

i would have loved to see the 659 super cab

i have heard that samll chop slapping the sides can get noisey in them?? and that when traviling head on into .5 -1m chop the ride very ruff due to swell slapping the front bouyancy ring?? and oppions

charleville
02-09-2006, 02:41 PM
the big instrument on the epa vessel is a wave rider bouy.

Yeah - I did not specifically take any pictures of that buoy but it was incidental in another picture that I was taking of the inside of the recreational 759 so I have cut and pasted that below out of interest...

wayneoro
02-09-2006, 08:02 PM
went out in a mates couple yrs ago during the day 3 people asked if he would sell it yep he sold it to 3rd person $5ooo over what he had bought it off a dealer for guess they are popular

charleville
02-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Perhaps I should clarify that there are cheaper ones than the $130K one. #;D ;D ;D