PDA

View Full Version : Light Board Needed !!!!!!!

davo73
30-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi all
I have saved all my pennys and convinced the better half that by me buying a tinny that it will some how bring us closer and keep up a good supply of fish in the freezer.
My new rig didnt come with a light board so i was wondering if any one out there in the Brisbane area had a spare one that is not needed any more that i could buy.

Many thanks

Dave

BaysideMarine
30-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Supercheap sell em for $69.

Or by a length of pine or similar at Bunnings for about $10, buy 2 lights for about $10 each at Supercheap, a length of cable, plug and wire em up yourself for about $40.

Cheers

gunna
30-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Are there any lights at all on the trailer ?? Can they be fixed instead ??

Grunter71
30-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Where abouts are you Davo?

I have got one I don't use anymore.

davo73
31-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Hi Grunter71
Im located in Coorparoo in Brisbane.
Where are you?
Thanks ever so much for the reply.

Cheers

Dave

davo73
04-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Any one in the Brisbane area???
dave

timddo
04-09-2006, 09:37 PM
hey dave, i got a lightboard and that's it. no lights.

if you want it it's free. live in westside.

finga64
05-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Did you get my PM Davo??

davo73
07-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi Finga
Thanks again for your kind offer.
I have since obtained a light board from a friend so delima is over.
Many thanks again mate

Cheers
dave

ahoj
07-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Light Boards are now available @ 20% discount @ cheep auto

davo73
07-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Light board situation is now sorted.

Thanks to all.

Finga , see you on the water real soon...

Dave

finga64
07-09-2006, 03:35 PM
You have to put a picture of the new rig Dave.
Have you got a name for it yet??
Where are you planning to fish??
If you see "Junior" pull over and say gidday :)
Good luck with the new boat.
Scott

ahoj
07-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Davo 73... how big is your boat and how much did it cost you?

Ahoj

davo73
08-09-2006, 02:28 PM
3.85 Stacer Sea Sprite with floor, canopy nav lights and waterproof storage in bow and bow rails.
On a redco tilt trailer with a 2002 Mercury 15 Hp tiller steer.

whole rig owes me $2200.00 with full rego on boat and trailer for the year.

Cheers
Dave

ahoj
08-09-2006, 05:35 PM
`That was a steal and you come to ask some of these good hearted people to present you with a light board? ----aren't you ashamed?---- I have a name for lot like you...... :( :( :( >:( >:( >:(

Ahoj

finga64
08-09-2006, 05:48 PM
You have got to be kidding me Ahoj.

How do you know Dave hasn't been saving and looking for a boat for the last 8 years and doing it real tough in order to be able to do so??
It took me 3 years to save for my first boat. It cost me $500. Another 2 years to save for a sounder. Still have it too :)

My opinion is well done Dave. Enjoy. You most probably deserve it #:)

finga64
08-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Ooh forgot to say....Ahoj, go soak ya head #>:(
You shouldn't say those types of things even if they're in jest.

Alex9797
08-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Welcome aboard Dave :)..

hey ahoj if you read Daves post he is offering to buy a light board from a fellow af not steal his firstborn :(

cheers

Alex

davo73
09-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Hello to you to Ahoj.
NOW
This is what you dont know about me and my situation.
Firstly , i am not in a high paying job and am supporting a loved one in a time of need by myself.
Secondly, i saved and saved for my first tinny and ended up selling it to buy a bigger boat.
Whilst looking high and low for another boat some low life broke into my house while i was at work and stole my t.v dvd and computer AND MY MONEY I HAD FROM THE SALE OF MY OLE TINNY.
So back to square one on the saving department as iam now left with no boat and no money.
i only posted for a light board in the case that some one out there who loves fishing as much as me had a spare one which i was willing to pay for .
i am new to aus fish and didnt expect such a response from another keen fisherman who would comment in such a way with out knowing all the facts.

Till next time

Dave.
p.s if it makes you feel any better i ended up buying a light board at super cheap so i can enjoy what we both like this week end.

davo73
09-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Thank you Finga and Alex9797
Finga you were not to far from the mark with you comments.

Will be looking for Junior around the Pin.

All the very Best

Dave

Alex9797
09-09-2006, 02:29 PM
no worries Dave . It is very unusual for anyone on this site to come up with that sought of verbal sh@#. The bloke knows better.

I'm just at Greenslopes so am not far away if you ever need a hand. I started out with a 11 foot wooden dinghy and slowly worked up to bigger boats over time however I still miss the little boat every time I have to fill mine up with fuel ::)

see ya on the water

Alex

ahoj
09-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I am not withdrawing my comment and few of you are sharing my opinion... acording from e-mails i got---and i say no more...

Finga : it was not in jest---- and i do not need to cool down. I just hold very clear principles in private and in business.....

Ahoj

finga64
09-09-2006, 08:14 PM
So Ahoj, what's the delema in somebody advertising for a light-board and willing to pay for it??

Might have helped someone who has had their trailer hard wired and want to get rid of the old light-board. That's recycling and a good theory.

Why is wanting a light board so morally or ethically wrong. What principles are you talking about??

I'm very confused/baffled/surprised and mistified at your comments towards Dave and according to the comments listed above by other members I'm not the only one.
If other people have your feelings invite them to note them on this forum. I'm sure everyone would love to read them.

I stand by what I said at the top of this page also.

If I had've known the outrage you have shown Ahoj I would have made the lights up for Dave and delivered them to his door and wired up his car if it hadn't been done already.

Hey Dave if you need any other accessories (ie the sounder your looking for, bilge, radio etc) in your new pride and joy give me a cooee. They're wired in for free, nadda, come and watch and get a cup of coffee. The only thing you'll have to pay for is a packet of TimTam's for smoko. Hell, stuff the expense, I'll even donate them!!
There, that should shake the hornets :)
Come to think of it I have a 27meg radio under the house doing nothing. It's yours Dave if you want to get an antenna. I'm sure somebody here would have an old antenna lying about looking for a new home.
Battlers unite [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Cheers Scott

Alex9797
09-09-2006, 10:22 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

you crack me up finga

Alex

btw started out at Inala, then Carole Park, Woodridge, now at Greenslopes

who wooda thunk

battlers unite :D

BaysideMarine
09-09-2006, 10:36 PM
It doesnt matter which forum you belong to there are always KNOBS.......

darkside
09-09-2006, 11:02 PM
finga , good point, i have been thinking about rewireing my trailer and putting a set of those submersable LED lights on, there was nothing wrong with my lightboard apart from the inconvenience of putting it on and off , that said when i read Daves post it got me motivated to pull the lightboard off and start on the trailer and i would have been more than happy to have passed on my old lightboard to him, otherwise it was heading for the dump >:(, so yes recycle and if someone eles can use something i'm finished with then power to them . :)

finga64
10-09-2006, 06:15 AM
Hey darkside, You just want the flashest rig around don't you???. On and off the water
I was lying in bed this morning thinking about your boat. When I get my Fisher I'm going to polish it and call it "come in spinner" and have a picture of two pennies flipping on each side. Gees I think some crappola when I can't sleep. I should just put the boat behind the car and go fishing.
If you don't know how to wire your trailer give me a cooee. The same applies to all. All you'll just have to pay for is cost price for materials and bring your own Tim Tams :)

finga64
10-09-2006, 06:51 AM
As a sideline and for a bit of amusement....see what happens here

Hey Ahoj, If it were so wrong to advertise to buy something, why did you ask if somebody know about a six HP motor in the thread about the complete oddbod thread?? Aren't you doing exactly what Dave has done?? So why is it when you ask for somehting it's OK but when somebody else asks for it it's outrageous??

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black??, Peter Beattie calling Lawrence a liar?? etc etc

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1157613164/15

darkside
10-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Finga , yes you definitely have to polish the new boat , i can see it now , shiney boats up and down the coast and forum sites where new members can post without the fear of others berateing them :(, what a wonderfull world . Speaking of which if anyone needs a lightboard , mine is now off the boat and can go to a new home , gratis ,nada zip , just be nice to others ! :)

ahoj
10-09-2006, 08:00 PM
when i was asking for a 6 hp motor i also said how much i was prepared to pay for it and it was 1k= 1 thousand Dollars.. That was no........
Ahoj

ahoj
10-09-2006, 08:14 PM
I am not prepared to say anymore . When you finish critisizing me and stop living in a world of good samaritans and showing it and heralding it, defeats the true kindness you profess to spread and give --come back to earth

Ahoj

finga64
10-09-2006, 09:43 PM
What's wrong in helping someone and in doing so being a good samaritan??

How do you tell someone you may be able to help them without saying "mate, I might be able help you out"?? Especially in a public forum like this.

I really don't understand what all your fuss is about??

Maybe Dave didn't have a clue how much a lightboard cost??
How many people advertise here in the wanted section and NOT say how much they want to spend??

You. Ahoj, just jumped down his poor guys throat for reasons that are only apparent to yourself as NOBODY else has come to your defence on this public forum.

Haven't you ever heard of karma?? Or have you ever watched the movie "Paying in advance"?? Might be worthwhile to look into.

I personally get great pleasure in helping people and a special pleasure is given to myself if, and when, I show/teach anybody how to do something that they previously didn't know how to do. The only thing I ask for is for the person to be genuine.

The only reason I and others have offered to do things for Dave in the last day or two is because of the way that you, Ahoj, have treated this poor bloke.
I absolutely and postively mean what I have posted. If Dave wants anything/s I previously mentioned, it's his. No questions asked except what day would you like it done. And is that one lump or two in your coffee or tea and I hope you like Tim Tams.

I do not personally profess to spread and give kindness. I give some kindness to others and maybe, just maybe, when I really need it somebody will show me some kindness. I normally do not advertise the fact or look for any recognition in any form when I am able to help someone.

You, Ahoj, do not know me personally and have No idea what I do for other people that are less or more fortunate then myself or how many people I actually help or have helped out over the years.
I will not tell you either because it's none of your business. It's between the people I sometimes help and me.
But in the end all it boils down to is when my time is up I'll be able to say I helped make the world a nicer place. And know in my heart I have.

This is all because you, Ahoj, inappropiately jumped down a new Ausfish member called Dave who has done it a bit tough over the years and wanting to relax and enjoy life a tad with his new second hand tinny.

Have I ever mentioned how much "Junior" cost me?? Well Ahoj it was about $2000 (and a fair bit of hard work by myself and my best mate, the cook) all up with the trailer and Honda. That's what happens when you look and look and look. Sometimes you get bargains.
Dave, here's a picture of "Junior" so you know it's me when you see it.

Ooh, by the way I'm looking for an AC/DC tig if anybody has one even if it doesn't work.

ahoj
11-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Amen

Darryl
11-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Double posted..... :-/

Darryl
11-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Ahoj fair suck of the sav mate, i see you once again have opened mouth and inserted foot. Scott is a genuine good hearted bloke that has helped, and is helping me out as we speak. I cant believe that you would crawl lower than a snakes belly on this one with Dave. Bad PR there Ahoj.

And another thing , just because a bloke puts his hand up and asks for help doesn't make him a lessor man, makes him a better man in my world...

Welcome to Ausfish Dave.

Darryl.

davo73
11-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks All for your support on this matter.
When i posted for a used light board i never imagined it would escalate into such drama.
Ahoj, i would appricate it if you would just move on and drop this subject and let bygons be bygones as i am well and truly over it.
I joined Ausfish to get to know other people like me how share a love of fishing and honestly do not have the time or patience to be arguing about a light board which i now have.

Finga, dont stop helping people and trying in your special way yo make the world a better place. I will contact you next time im looking to hit the water.Cheers mate.

Tight lines all.

Dave