PDA

View Full Version : still hunting

manchild
06-09-2006, 06:27 PM
After info on the polycrafts ,good or bad experiences.I thinking of a 455 to buy ,is it stable ?is it ok for the bay ? so on and so forth .Any info much appreciated
thanks
George

Blackened
06-09-2006, 07:09 PM
G'day
there are plenty of poly owners here. Do a google for poly boat owners as there is a poly boat owners dedicated website.
Dave

mitch_05
06-09-2006, 07:16 PM
head to www.polyboatowners.com/forum
plenty of owners. dont be afraid to join and ask questions as they will help you.

manchild
06-09-2006, 07:19 PM
thanks guys ,i been on that site but as always people there are buyest ;)Still a good looking rig that in dark blue ,with a sideconsole
George

jackdean
06-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi Man
Of course everyone's biassed. We all have to justify spending more than we really wanted to on our new toy. You don't ask a Ford owner if Holdens are any good. If he has never owned one his comments will be biassed and not valid. SO you have to ask a poly owner and sort through any BS to get to the facts. As a polyboat owner I think they are pretty good, but in comparison with what? This is my first boat, so I'm a bit of a novice so what would I know?. But look on their website and assess the manufacturers information then register and ask some questions. You will be pleasantly surprised. We don't care if you buy a polycraft or not and we don't have an axe to grind.
Good luck and don't buy a boat because someone #else recommends it. Get off your bum and find out for yourself.
;D ;D ;D
Jack

themisses
07-09-2006, 10:40 AM
We have had a 4.55 frontrunner for about 8 months. Love it!! :-* Only downside is you get a tad wet if going through a bit of chop outside. (A center console would be better) Easy to maintain, hard to break. No wood rot, dints or scraches to worry about. Very stable to fish in, easy to launch and retrieve. Captain thinks he is upgrading to a 4.8 when released early next year. (Deal is if it happens it will be a pink one.) ;)
Cheers Kim.

manchild
07-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Thank missus :)Im thinking of the 455 with a sideconsole,so we can still have some room .I like the polys more and more i have too say ,they got a nice dark blue colour as well .I dunno about the pink though :-/
George

themisses
08-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi George, Give us a yell if you are down Tweed way. The boss can take you for a spin. You may be able to find someone a bit closer, they are popping up more and more. Kim. :)

manchild
08-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the offer ,but i already booked in a testdrive with cuinningham marine tomorrow,see how it goes .How much did you paid for yours ?if im not too nosey ;)
George

themisses
11-09-2006, 11:30 AM
HI George, check your PM's. :)

wayne_cook
11-09-2006, 08:56 PM
just a word of warning.
my cousins fantastic plastic split.He was looked after and the boat replaced, but it was within warranty period.

He does love the boat,but I wonder what would have happened if the warranty was just up.

Something to think about.

bear

themisses
12-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Wow, The only other one i've heard of splitting was when it fell off the trailer and was hit by a truck. Where did it split, was it a major split and what was the cause?? Cheers Kim.