PDA

View Full Version : Bermuda Boats

wil39
12-09-2001, 12:31 PM
Can anyone give me the oil on Bermuda Boats, have been looking at a 500 Island Beach. ???

elegant_bass
09-10-2001, 03:56 PM
IM HAPPY WHIT MY BERMUDA 4.1 SALMON,FITTED WHIT 40HP YAMAHA 4 STROKE RIDES NICE & DRYE. :)

Smithy
10-10-2001, 06:12 AM
Not sure if Quintrex are making them anymore. Have a feeling they might be coming from the Allycraft factory. Quintrex are making the Stacer range now and Stessl own Clark/Seahunter.

fatman
13-10-2001, 04:28 AM
Hi ,
Can't give you much on the model, but Bermuda boats, Quintrex boats and Stacer boats all source thier boats from the same factory in Queensland called Telewater and each one adds their own bits and pieces and markets them. When I bought my boat earlier this year I found the Bermuda in the higher price bracket, Quintrex in the middle and Stacer for the budget minded, bearing in mind they are basically the same hull, so have a good look around before parting with the folding stuff.
cheers
FATMAN :)

davo
15-10-2001, 05:19 PM
If the boat has a clinker type pressed bottom it is one of the new Ally Craft type Bermuda's. Quintex used to be the manufacturer of the Bermuda but Alley-craft has taken over.

If it is an Alley -Craft be careful as I've seen a few have structural problems and they were not old or abused boats.

Good luck boat hunting

Rosso
27-11-2001, 08:19 AM
I brought (in 2000) an old display "Mangrove Deluxe" which is roughly 4m in length.

At the time they were getting the boats from quintrex so its basically a hornet trophey, but with slight differeces.

As for the motor its a 30hp 2 stroke "merc" but don't let that fool you, its actually a 25hp tohatso. It would seem they wanted to cut a few corners :)

It is a bit hard to start, and so i would have liked a electric start and tilt assist if i got a 40hp.

However, saying all this they have changed the Manufacture and i think its stessi now (or however its spelt)

I could ramble on here about hints and tips but i won't (your'll all letting out a big sigh of relief aren't you? :P)

If you want some more info then email me.

Rosso.

revs57
12-09-2006, 04:34 PM
I had a 2000 model 445 viper that we modified to raise the floor, build in the transom and centre console it. At that time I understand they were being built at qunitrex. We were very happy with that little boat...plenty of bracing (more than the equivalent stacer and other brands), nice high freeboard, stable enough for a boat of that size. We had a 50 merc on it and it really got up, fished estuary and offshore on a good day...no complaints from me for what it was

cheers

rhys