PDA

View Full Version : who is happy with there mechanics place here

stevedemon
15-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Hi all
ok we have seen a lot of you fisho's guy's and girl's alike with a bad rap on the mechanic's you have dealt with

So lets give the good guys a little bit of free advertising if that is alright with Ausfish after all word of mouth is better than advertising

ok i'll start have been dealing with these guys now for 11yrs and never had problems with them or my motors they are always up for a joke or help you anyway they can, and you do not need the gold Cheque book or second mortgage just to service your boat and they do log books services for most makes and models

Southside Outboard Wreckers and Mechanical Service at Bethania Sth near Beenleigh Contact Ph No 3805-8595 talk to Mark or Shane

hay have seen a lot of bad mechanic's maybe we should just give the good guys a plug once in a while to

just a thought all give Credit due to where Credit is due

this way we have our own phone book for Marine mechanic's and services

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Homer_Jay
15-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Great Idea to have a list of reputable people to deal with... unfortunatly this might be a VERY short thread :-/

pegasus
15-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Fisher boats Bribie- great service and down earth advice-good price. my outbaord is a suzi for which they are agents but I reckon they d do the lot

marlinqld
15-09-2006, 05:30 PM
havent had the need for a mechanic........yet.

75hp Mariner is due for yearly service in 2 weeks, so this thread will interest me.

Though i have heard great things about the guys at Mr T's Capalaba.

Mike

finga64
15-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Rod at Sailfish near Ballina :)

lippa
15-09-2006, 06:06 PM
ausfish member-flotsom. slow, gets drunk, did i mention slow???? but does a trick job!! stay away from spanaird king!!! (i hear he's a bit dodgy)!!!! ;D ;D

sorry gary!!! lol ;) ;) ;) had to do it!!!!!

cheers

lippa

poor_mans_barra
15-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Once again just my 2 cents worth.
Discussions like this just go to show that finding the support and help of a good dealer should take precidence over saving $5 by going to someone else based soley on price. True value comes over the lifetime you have the product not purely purchase price. No one remembers what it cost when its working but remember every cent they spent when its playing up again and again.

Keep the change

PMB

CamH
15-09-2006, 06:27 PM
North Coast Boating at Mooloolaba have been good to me and never had a problem with their boat/motor services.

Poseidon
15-09-2006, 06:42 PM
As Homer said, it will be interesting to see how long this list gets. :o :o

It would be good to know what brands Col at Bribie services as judging by his boats it should be worth a trip for outboard services as well.

Regards Cameron.

foggy
15-09-2006, 06:46 PM
I use River City marine at Newstead. Great service and in and out as promised same day. Checked everything and repacked wheel bearings included in price. 100hr service was about $280 from memory.

Foggy

dnej
15-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Yatala Yamaha,just ask Webby. Great guys to do business with.No BS here.Its right or its right.
You are right though, you dont hear about the good guys,only the bad ones.
I bought from Y Y,and then thought, I had never heard of these guys before.
Now I know why.I highly recommend them.
Fixed my brothers Mariner this week. so its not just Yammies.
David

charleville
15-09-2006, 07:20 PM
I have no doubt that their servicing prices are not cheap but after five years, I continue to be very happy with the servicing that my boat/motor receives from Springwood Marine.

Again, to put the pricing bit in perspective, I never quibble about the price of servicing of something that I rely on to get me home in sometimes dark, wet, cold, violently terrible conditions (eg http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1156776780 )

What I like about Springwood Marine is that I feel that they have my best interests at heart, no different to the doctor and dentist that I choose to use. Neither are cheap but they take a professional interest in my long term well-being and so, I believe, does the culture at Springwood Marine. In a professional relationship, the money part is there but off to the side for admin people to concern themselves with and although it is an intrinsic part of the relationship it is nevertheless subordinate to the professional care aspects.

Once, when my prop suffered a ding, they knocked it back into shape at no cost. I did not ask them to do that; they just did it. I brought the prop into them expecting them to send it away for repair but they fixed it themselves on the spot. That is what a relationship is about in my book.

gawby
15-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Dave and Clint at White Water Marine, Labradore on the Gold Coast does it for me.
No Bull and a good job.
07-55377752
Graeme ;)

Figjamm
15-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Dave and Clint at White Water Marine, Labradore on the Gold Coast does it for me.
No Bull and a good job.
07-55377752
Graeme ;)

Jeez Graeme, you beat me to it! ;)

Whitewater Marine gets our vote :)

dave22
15-09-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm not for bagging a place, especially one that advertises on Ausfish, but people stay right away from Springwood Marine, they are incompitent idiots, and thats putting it mildly.

Big_unit
15-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Hervey Bays best marine mechanic by a country mile has to be -

Adam Kopacz

Adams Marine Mechanical

5/8 Boat Harbour Drive, Pialba

0429 439 915

He gets the job done right, the first time with no BS. He often gets calls to do the jobs that no one else around here can do or will do. Top bloke too.

stevedemon
15-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Hi all
this is not just about price this is about to whom we think is good atwhat they do so the rest of the guys have a good idea where to go for a great service with professionals that care and take and interest in your investment remember all everyone has a different point of veiw on who does what
although we all like our investments looked after the same as we do when we come home from fishing we all have different ways of cleaning our motors and it would be a sad old world if we where all the same
so for those that have posted your mechanic good on you guys lets get as much out there as you would placing SH## on the mechanic's that don't do the job right
it does not matter where you live from far NFQ down to the bottom end :-[or across the tasman :-[ :-[ they are people from all over that may need some help on a good decent mechanic

yes some times they are hard to find but when you get one it is nice to let people know to whom they are that is all this thread is about helping everyone the same as we always have

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

onerabbit
15-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Rod at Sailfish near Ballina #:)

Dont know Rod Finga,

but Mick Faber at Sailfish is THE bloke to see in our area, & a bloody nice guy too, cant recommend him enough.

Muzz

charleville
16-09-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm not for bagging a place, especially one that advertises on Ausfish, but people stay right away from Springwood Marine, they are #incompitent idiots, and thats putting it mildly.

Well there you go. A totally different experience to mine from Springwood Marine. :(

Ah well, it is the luck of the draw, I guess. ;)

finga64
16-09-2006, 06:28 AM
Rod at Sailfish near Ballina #:)

# # Dont know Rod Finga,

# # but Mick Faber at Sailfish is THE bloke to see in our area, & a bloody nice guy too, cant recommend him enough.

# # Muzz
Has Rod moved?? He used to be in the shed on the LHS of Sailfish.
Haven't been there for a couple of years as he showed me how to service the big old Merc.
Hope he's still there? :'(

Fishing_Freddy
16-09-2006, 06:30 AM
I've been using West Side Yamaaha at Goodna(Ipswich) and I cant fault there work and they are more than willing to give you advise over the phone if it is something minor you want to fix yourself. Ken ;D 8-) ;D

wayneoro
16-09-2006, 07:33 AM
any recommendations in the isis area childers etc cheers

revs57
16-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Jon Eadie get's my vote

His family used to run Neptune Marine at Slacks Creek.

What he doesn't know about outboards across the board isn't worth knowing.

Suzuki have recently picked him up as their northern region trouble shooter...advising service dealerships and fixing the stuff that they can't.

He's a hell of a good bloke, straight up, calls a spade a spade, thorough, honest, he doesn;t charge an arm or a leg and I've always been very happy with his work as have others I have recommended him to.

Jon is now mobile 0407738731

Cheers

Rhys

Black_Jack
16-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Mr T's at Capalaba.

excellanet servive, very friendly and full of good information.

i used them when they were at cleveland and will be using them at there place at capalaba.

its nearly service time for me and i will be calling them.

maxwellson
16-09-2006, 12:49 PM
down ballina way i would not go past mick and his son nathan at micks marine alstonville

great blokes great mechanics and very reasonably priced..

maxi

manchild
16-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Whats a mechanic? got an e-tec ;D
George
sorry about that ,couldnt resist ::)

Heath
16-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Couldn't be happier with mine! ;D

dnej
16-09-2006, 06:06 PM
What are your rates like Heath?
David

skippa
16-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Marine Worx
539 Redland Bay Rd
Capalaba
Ph 3206 4460

Great service that won't break the bank.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

saphire
16-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Steve,
I was recently introduced to someone at that same place at Bethania by one of the people who I work with. They look after her father in laws boat and have given him excellent service. When we went into their shop to get contact details they seemed friendly and happy just to say hello.
I will be getting my motor serviced there next time its due which is soon I think.
I will let you know how I go.
have a great day,
saphire.

stevedemon
16-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi saphire
no worries happy boating

Cheers;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

ronnieandbill
17-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Hey Charlie

How much commision are you on???????????????
Must be good.!!!!

I wouldn't be caught setting one foot insidew that place even if it was the last marine place from here to timbucktoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marlinqld
17-09-2006, 05:07 PM
I am with you black jack.... Mr T's will be getting my service .....need yearly one done in 2 weeks time

Mike

Rogue2
17-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Northside Marine at Boondall.......Great Service and not a problem with my Merc

Great all round boat yard.

Rogue2

ryank
17-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Marine worx. Capalaba. good price do all makes and all models.