PDA

View Full Version : trim tabs

sid_fishes
17-09-2006, 07:35 PM
i have a plate boat fitted with trim tabs and the boat is a bit bum heavy, so my question is - if i was to fit a second stainless steel plate , larger in size would it work? would it damage the rams?or would i be wasting my time and effort..... thanks for the input cheers ian

ahoj
17-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Build Buyancy PODS on each side about 50cm long They are now quite common addition to heavy and overpowered boat on Transom.. What size motor and boat?

Ahoj

IcemanII
18-09-2006, 01:19 PM
You sure they go down properly or arn't faulty and what speed are you doing, at 20kts I only put mine down a little and it shoves the boat up and thats with a mercruiser in the back.

sid_fishes
18-09-2006, 05:51 PM
ahoj, mate the boat is only 5.1 mtrs long with a suzi 90 4 stoke, and iceman as far as i know they work as i can make the boat lift on one side or the other,, maybe its just me having never had to play with tabs before cheers guys ian

newchum
18-09-2006, 06:56 PM
ian, this may be of no help to you,but. i trim my motor all the way out before i try to flatten the boat out with my tabs. i will even go close to cavitateing on motor trim. i have also found that putting to much trim on the tab can drag the boat down

rodney