PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when it's blowing a gale??

finga64
12-09-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm bored to tears because of the never ending bloody wind.
I have not made any arrangements in the last week to do anything until I go fishing with "Junior".
....And the wind just hasn't stopped #:'(
Ooh, I did make arrangements for Saturday and the bloody wind stopped. Go figure??? :-[
So, what what does everybody do when the winds blowing and can't get out in the boat??

Any more options just say so below #:)

I think you can vote for more then 1 option ;)

stevedemon
12-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Hi finga
you forgot one say at home and annoy the boss so she tells you to go to the pub or getout and mow the bloody lawns but just leave her alone ;D ;) :o ::)
or annoy her in other ways till she beats you black and blue :-[ :-X :-/ ::) 8-) :o ;D ;)

mate you think your the only one bored with the wind had a trip planned for the weekend but the boss has made other arrangments :'( :'( :'( :'(

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

TIM-DONSELAAR
12-09-2006, 10:53 AM
play fishing games on my playstation 2

head to the tackle shop and buy a new fishing dvd

go to the newsagent and get a fishing mag to read

sit on the computer all day and read topics about fishing #;D ;D ;D

cheers tim #;)

Herm
12-09-2006, 11:04 AM
play fishing games on my playstation 2

head to the tackle shop and buy a new fishing dvd

go to the newsagent and get a fishing mag to read

sit on the computer all day and read topics about fishing #;D ;D ;D

#cheers tim #;)

I agree with TIm! but only on the last three! # ;)

I didn't know that you could get fishing games for the PS! #The last thing I need is Peter "trying" to outfish me on the PS aswell!!! ;D #;D ;D

In this weather (in any non fishing time really ;)) Ausfish is a godsend - except that my housework gets put on the backburner! :-[

Cheers
:)Janine

ahoj
12-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Finga
If you are bored Come to Gympie and we go and test my Cat with you in Barumba dam its nicely sheltered and may even catch some fish or kill some grog I make myself available whenever you decide... Cheers

Ahoj

Roughasguts
12-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Murpy's law always prevails here.
So grab the kids tell them to bring there Kite and within 10 mins the wind has stopped.

Then go fishing.

PinHead
12-09-2006, 04:48 PM
still take the boat out and find somewhere sheltered and relax

Bundy_Burp
12-09-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm with Pinhead I usually go into one of the rivers and have a quiet days fishing out of the wind .

Bundy 8-)

Steven78
12-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Put the boat in for a service and a once over or take the miss out to the movies and drink lots of beer :)

StevenM
12-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Ok who said they vacuum the house :o

Stumpy-USA2
12-09-2006, 11:42 PM
In fresh water there is always a side of the lake protected from the wind. Plus with fewer anglers out you have the run of the place. And usually wind makes our bass feed and the fishing better.
I've done the salt water thing in high wind before on a charter. We had a tropical storm moving toward us in the Gulf of Mexico. Not fun! Before I do that again I'll stay at home and smack my fingers with a hammer.

Casey

lucyloo
13-09-2006, 12:04 AM
i cant vacume any more there will be no carpet left lmao ;D

Lone_Wolf
13-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Where is "cry uncontrollably" on your list Scotty?

LW

ribbit
13-09-2006, 05:37 PM
guys be smart about it, spend the day with wife and kids, take them to movies to see a chick flick etc and that should equal at least 3 days good fishing leave.
Works a treat for me, go fishing when ever I want (almost).
Peter

griz066
14-09-2006, 06:53 AM
Get a box ;D ;D

charleville
14-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Being on long service leave for 13 months, I can get away with doing anything I like. #;)

Over the past week or so, I have been visiting boat ramps and taking lots of pictures of them so that I can compile a file which describes each ramp and its facilities, parking, ease of use in cross winds, areas to beach the boat etc - all the sort of thing that a lone boatie might want to know.

No special purpose to this research but it gets me out seeing the water, playing with my new digital camera, and reduces my tensions about not being able to go fishing a lot. #See the as yet unfinished file on the Wynnum ramp below...

1975fflh
19-09-2006, 09:28 PM
If its too windy outside I piss off to the lake (Illawarra) and grab a couple of Bream from the Windag channel

newchum
19-09-2006, 09:53 PM
continualy check weather maps to see a change and pray a lot to the weather god

hussy
19-09-2006, 09:57 PM
stay at home and give my wife the shits, or go to work , and give them the shits, or sit out in my shed and give myself the shits . hubby

Great_White
19-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Ok who said they vacuum the house :o[/quote]

That's what I want to know too #;D ;D ;D

Normally do some work on the boat and plan for our next trip #:D :D :D

Peter #:)