PDA

View Full Version : 90 HP STALLING HELP?

squire
08-06-2002, 06:59 AM
;D Guys have 2000 90hp mercury which at idle seems to run out of feul after about 3 minutes, I know it is not the fuel lines or tanks as I have replaced them. Above 2000 rpm this problem doesn't occur would anyone be able to help me ? regards squire ???

scrags
09-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Hi Squire,
Just a few things to consider with your 90 hp Mercury. The primer bulb should be in the upright position if possible (with the arrow facing up), this will let the valves inside stop any fuel from travelling back down the line.
Also, when is the last time the engine was serviced? The fuel pump diaphrams need to be replaced every 100 hours or 12 months. If they are not working to full potential it could cause the problem you are having.
Please let me know how you go and if I can give you any more idear's.
Cheers, scrags : :D

adrian
11-06-2002, 10:38 AM
do you have an idle control at the controls if so try turn the screw up or down the manual will tell you if this is fitted to your control box

anzac

outsiderskip
22-09-2006, 05:24 AM
check fuel filter
or u could have a crack in pickup in tank

pete

Spaniard_King
22-09-2006, 07:06 AM
Hey Pete,

you must have searched pretty deep to dig a 2002 post up ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Homer_Jay
23-09-2006, 11:42 AM
I sure hope he hasnt been getting around with that problem for the last 4 years.... Poor bloke and i thought i had problems... ;D

ryank
23-09-2006, 03:25 PM
could be taking air in or there is stuff in the carbs could be water if u have filters check them to see if there is any dirt or water if there is it will most prob be stuff in the carbs

FNQCairns
24-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Does it sneeze at idle for a little while/few times before conking? sounds like not enough RPM/pulse to supply fuel at idle although it's a long shot but leads me to consider your needle and seat, this part tends to not play up on outboards much due to vibration I suspect, yours could be sticking under the less violent/slower vibration at idle compared to at higher revs?

cheers fnq

PS if it doesn't sneeze or exhibit other typical 2 stroke symptoms of low rpm fuel starvation consider also it could be flooding to death, your example of OK over 2000 rpm points toward this also.

Spaniard_King
24-09-2006, 10:08 AM
You guys obviously do not read the the posts very well ::) ::)

DO YOU GUYS REALLY THINK HE STILL HAS THE PROBLEM CONCIDERING IT WAS BACK IN 2002

Garry

FNQCairns
24-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Oops 02!#:-[ that was a waste of time, at least there might be a better than usual chance of some feedback from this one.

cheers fnq