PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki DF115 - Polycraft 530BR Report

boatboy50
27-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Hey Guys,

I've just purchased this package and finished the fit out. Time for the Run in.

I've never owned a four stroke before, but knew of all the advantages. I can't say enough how impressive this combination is. :)

The engine has impressed me immensely. It is seriously smooth, quiet, powerful and economical. It is simply a pleasure to use without the 2 stroke smell (only the smell of nature!), and the noise you get with two strokes (my other boat has two!)

I can't believe how different the modern four strokes and DFI Two strokes are to the engines of the past. I will never go back by choice.

Here are the fuel figures I got from the rig during the run in period so far (I'm told the more hours the better it will get). I would have been sceptical of figures like these until actually experienced it.

Remember, this is a 115hp engine!

8.6 Engine hours
102NM Covered
74.55 Litres

That is an awesome 8.6L/H average, or 0.73L/NM. :)

85% of these hours would have been done at 4000/4200 rpm (20/22 knots). The rest a combination of idle and slow speeds. The GPS said I had an average of 11 knots during this period at any time the engine was running.

As for the boat, I opted to complete the fitout myself, including all electrics not motor associated. Sounds like a simple task, until you work out you don't have access to many areas on the polycraft due to the foam flotation (under the gunwhales, under the transom, under the floor ect.)

The only problem I had with the boat (as I was warned by another owner) was that the two seats were not done up tight, and subsequently came off. The boat does lack storage space.

The performance is great for a 5.3m boat, and it handles the chop very well. It is a damn sight dryer than the 4.55m, and I also love the knockabout ability of it. Drag it up on a concrete ramp no worries! IMHO the 530BR is the first true attractive Polycraft i've seen them build.

I couldn't recommend either the boat or motor highly enough.

Regards

Darren

boyzie
28-09-2006, 07:06 AM
mate i'm looking at buying the same boat could you please tell me a little about the performance eg stableness, ride, ect and maybe post a few pics of the inside and how you've set things up.....thanks mate

marlinqld
28-09-2006, 07:17 AM
Nice wheelie bin mate.... ;) ;D ::) :P :o ;) ;D

manchild
28-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Nice rig mate .I have a 455 with an e-tec on the back.Awesome riding in them isnt it?They very stable and as you said just about undistructable.
cheers
George
wheelie bin rules ;D

sparky54
28-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Hey Darren

Great rig mate, those fuel figures look great. Let us know how it goes at wot when she's run in.
I have a 5.3 cuddy and 115 Suzy coming maybe next week. Been waiting for eaver for the boat, when it finally came out of the factory about 2 weeks ago there wasn't any 115 Suzuki motors left in Aus. How long did you wait for the hull?

Cheers Keith

boatboy50
29-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey Guys,

The ride on the boat is very good for it's size. It is quite dry in the rough, and is probably the most stable 5.3m boat I have seen or been in. Look at the beam of 2.4m. Most boats this size have a beam of 2.2-2.3m.

Ive tried both a 17" and 19" prop so far.

17" WOT 6250 hitting the rev limiter doing 30 knots, cruise 19 knots
19" WOT 5900 doing 33 knots, cruise 21 knots.

Im keeping the 19" prop.

I bought the hull as a left over from a dealer down south, and organised the fit up myself and the engine fitting by Satisfaction Marine on the Gold Coast. They have another DF115 in stock now.

Regards

Darren

TonyM
29-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Great to hear you're enjoying the new toy Darren - I went the 19" as well.

I put my 530 up in the 4 sale section today which was not an easy thing to do, however I'm just not going to have the time to use it much for at least 18 months.

Those suzies sure are sweet aren't they! 8-)