PDA

View Full Version : some pointers please

manchild
29-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Ok ,i never owned a boat in qld ,due to back problems i had to give up my beloved surf fishing for a while.So whats a bloke to do ?-i bought a new boat ;)Just after some pointers ,where to go in the bay- pin area out of the logan river?I dont mind to travel as well .
cheers
George

Blackened
29-09-2006, 07:34 PM
G'day
Mate.... the biggest question would be, how big is your rig? What are you targeting and what is your experiance in? What methods would you like to use. Also keep an eye on the reports section as there's some great info and tips there.

Dave

flatstrap
29-09-2006, 07:36 PM
If you have a back problem, how are you going to handle the pounding that can happen in a nasty chop? I'm guessing you'll have to fish the estuaries and creeks and learn the ropes of boat handling from someone. What kind/size boat? Maybe we can help further...flatstrap

manchild
29-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Its a 455 poly ,maybe i word it wrong im ok with boats i just never owned one in qld ;)as for style i like gathering my own bait in the area .
Cheers
George

stevedemon
29-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi manchild
ok first you need a beacon to beacon this is the easy way to find your way around and come home safely

in the pin you have short island, cobby cobby passage, kalinga banks, crusoe island, tiger mullet, slipping sands each spot has a different time of year for different species this time of year you will find Flathead, Whiting, Talior choppers, and Jewies, Trevally, jacks

Gold Coast there are plenty of spot up the coomera river, Pimpama river, little crab island, mouth of the seaway, and any of the canals nerang river, same thing different times of the year different species

in the bay Green island eastern side, Mud island, peel island rainbow channel and a few artificle reefs, wello reef around the areas it is all in the beacon to baecon it is just a mattter of finding the spots and what is biting what time of the year in the bay you will find reef species Sweetlip, parrot Mackeral, Tuna, cobia, squire this time of year

as well as this info the guy,s here will post more spots and what is biting where or pretty close to it

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

blaze
29-09-2006, 09:13 PM
just find Webby and follow him, you will get some nice fish
cheers
blaze

fishin_till_late
30-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey George

Sounds like a nice boat mate. Got any pics?
There's heaps of great boating areas around south east QLD.
I agree with stevedemon and that the Beacon to Beacon book will help you heaps, its got boating maps from Tweed to up around the Bunderberg area. Good luck with ya boat and I hope ya back gets better!

jono

p.s. hows the fridge goin mate?

manchild
30-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks Johno and everyone .Fridge going excellent mate,it had a dark blue lick of paint and its looks great .Went out to the pin area today ,but couldnt fish from the traffic.What a chaotic place to be on the weekend,as many people doesnt give a damn about rules .I have never saw so many boats travelling on the wrong side of the markers and waterways.
cheers
George

finga64
30-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Went out to the pin area today ,but couldnt fish from the traffic.What a chaotic place to be on the weekend,as many people doesnt give a damn about rules .I have never saw so many boats travelling on the wrong side of the markers and waterways.
cheers
George
You've just learnt the first rule...try and not go boating around the Pin on a good week-end, school or public holidays if possible. I always get frustrated if I'm around there during those times #:-/
Wednesdays and Thursdays are good for the Pin #:)
There are some out of the way places across from Cabbage Tree that the bigger boats can't get to.
On nice days like today you could whip around the back of Choochie or further afield and enjoy a peaceful drift.
Wellington Point this morning was a pleasure. Pity there was only baby squire there today :'(

Are you able to do some fishing during the week George??

Cruize
01-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi George
That's my local area - get ready for sharks - they are schooling as we speak.
Also get some pots ready but watch out for theives.

The boat you picked is about as good as it gets for a buggered back - light and easy to handle.
Which ramp do you use?

Doesn't the live baiting bugger your back even more? I kow after about 10 casts with the net my back is stufed, but I'm old and fat.

Also when I drag net with a mate hurts too. Pulling up the pots not much fun ever.