PDA

View Full Version : 70's 20foot seafarer vagabond

ozscott
25-05-2006, 08:49 AM
I have a 20 foot vagabond cabin cruiser/fisho from the late 70s. I have put a set of Bennett sport tabs on it and electric anchor windlass. She is powered by a 115 Yammy from 94. She runs very well - cruises at 45kph and runs out to 60kph. My last boat was a 16C HH from the 70's. She seems to be a good rough weather boat - very kind in a following sea from what I can tell. Stable at rest. When I got it a couple of years ago, I spoke with Lindsay Fry at Seafarer - he told me that many were sold up in Nth Qld, a number with twins on. I know of one bloke in Cleveland that had one and moved to a 40 footer (told me he wished he never sold it) - his boat before that was the runabout version of the vagabond. Apart from that I dont know of anyone who has one. I dont get out as often as I would like, and my adventures are mostly in the bay (whereas my mate says he used to see another one, alongwith him going way off shore regularly).

Just wondered if anyone has one, had one or have seem them about?

Cheers

blaze
25-05-2006, 09:21 AM
got some pics of the old girl
cheers
blaze

ozscott
25-05-2006, 08:17 PM
here she is

ozscott
25-05-2006, 09:48 PM
no one got one/had one?

ozscott
01-10-2006, 06:58 PM
I saw one the other day being towed in the opposite direction. Not to many in Moreton Bay any more. Most were sold with twins up north for off shore. Anyone got one in Brissy or elsewhere?