PDA

View Full Version : how do others wash there boats

navlight
01-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi everone,

Just wondering what method others use to wash there boats.

I simple take mine to wash lovers.

But this starting to become a real pain in the ar@@ as the cues there are very long and the only thing i want to do is get the job over and done with after a long day in the sun.

regards

navlight :)

foggy
01-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Here is my solution. Simply hook up the gerny and off you go. About 10mm of rain = full tank.

Foggy

navlight
01-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Foggy,

I dont have a rainwater tank, but would certainly love to get one as they are a must. I bet you get some funny looks from the neighbors, little do they know that what you are doing is totally legal.

i was thinking maybe one of those pressure pumps, the ones that they use on farms, but the gerni hooked straight up you dont need one of those. Well done

regards

navlight ;)

DazSamFishing
01-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Navlight...

I know what you mean about long queues... I tend to wait till later in the evening... but even then after a long day on the water... I cant be stuffed sometimes... I too should invest in a rainwater tank...

There was a thread here not long ago regarding the same topic... apprently a fellow ausfish member was offering there water supplies ;D

daz

Great_White
01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
I try to clean the boat and motor at the ramps I go to. Takes less time to flush the motor if it's still hot from being run.

If worse comes to worse I can still wash it at home as redlands shire still allpw you to use the hose.

Peter :)

navlight
01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
great white,

I might move to the redlands, nah only kidding. ;D

If everone thought like this the Redland soon would be having the same crisis as brissy.

regards

navlight

Roughasguts
01-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Seems i'm still allowed to use the hose for 5 mins to flush me motor bilge and brakes.

But I use a flush tank for me motor, so when i'm finished flushing from the tank, I hook me gurnie to the bottom off the tank. And then pressure wash the rest of me boat down with the old flush water.

Angla
01-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Navlight,
There was a post on this very subject.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1151365120/0#0

Check out reply #35 by Beefa

Chris

Blackened
01-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Seems i'm still allowed to use the hose for 5 mins to flush me motor bilge and brakes.

But I use a flush tank for me motor, so when i'm finished flushing from the tank, I hook me gurnie to the bottom off the tank. And then pressure wash the rest of me boat down with the old flush water.

Just a quick note... If this is the case, you're in fact washing your boat with polluted water? Water with exhaust fumes and oils in it. Surely that will do damage sometime?
Dave

rowanda
01-10-2006, 09:47 PM
sorry to say guys, down here in Newcastle I normally spend 20 mins or so
giving the boat a real good going over, would share some with you but a bit
far for me to bring it.
I do it on the lawn, so atleast I don't have to water it aswell.
Haven't had restrictions down here for a longgggggg time.