PDA

View Full Version : Is my boat trailer really a box trailer?

FNQCairns
01-10-2006, 02:41 PM
I have an 'over 1.02T' braked boat trailer I registered for the first time a year ago, today I was reviewing the certificate and on it it states it is a box trailer :-/ . Is this the D of Ts generic term for a braked boat trailer here in QLD? Or did I get another dunce at the counter a year ago.

thanks fnq

marlinqld
01-10-2006, 02:52 PM
I say you got the dunce ;) :P

FNQCairns
01-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Still hopeing not, it's a right royal pain in the butski then!

Angla
01-10-2006, 05:08 PM
My Make is Dunbier and the Body Shape is Boat Trailer
Mine is a Braked trailer, Dual axle, carrying a Cruise Craft 575 outsider.

Chris

Roughasguts
01-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Mate this could be a bonus. Do you also have a box trailer ? if so swap the plates and tag over and use either for the one rego.

FNQCairns
01-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Ok thanks for that >:( Wonder how much it will cost me to fix and in wasted time, I keep wishing every time I get a government stuffup in my life the word 'class action' was a reality not a dream.

thanks fnq

Getout
02-10-2006, 07:36 AM
You may have forgotten to fill in the trailer-type box on the registration form, so the computer defaulted to "box" type trailer.
Transport department could fix it in a flash over the counter but it makes no difference, the VIN number which is recorded on the label, is stamped onto the VIN plate on the trailer, to prove they belong to the same vehicle.

FNQCairns
02-10-2006, 09:08 AM
No I remember the clerk having trouble finding the category on screen then said "here it is" no way to review at the counter a person walks away with a reciept for money and some metal till particulars arrive in the mail. All this after the trailer was inspected and measured by them.
They also got the base trailer weight wrong by 100kg I had to prove the weight at a cost and they cannot even get that right- just incometence but short of insisting on reviewing their work on the spot and risk being arrested there is no choice but to walk away well and trully.... philips head piece of twisted metal...ed >:(

Hope you are right about it being a partially painless exercise to fix up but in my experience with departments, no responsabilty or care will be forthcoming and I will be forced to kill another entire business day + costs to get it right.

Will see, might just let it ride if they expect me to jump their hoops again.

cheers fnq

Roughasguts
02-10-2006, 09:20 AM
FNQ I don't think they will have any trouble changing the details on the registration.

last year I needed a new number plate due to failed rego inspection (rusty number plate) and had to replace at time of renewal.

They replaced the plate and changed the details there and then at the counter.

But had to buy the replacement plate. (Now aluminium)