PDA

View Full Version : Boat names

DazSamFishing
03-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi all,

Only a few weeks away until the boat is ready...

Does anyone know who does a professional job for boat names... I wouldnt mind stick on... but would prefer painted on...

Can anyone recommend someone?

Daz

fishin_till_late
03-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Ausfish make stick on ones :D

Glenn_Woods
04-10-2006, 04:10 AM
Hi DazSamFishing. I cant recomend anyone to you, but i can tell you what i was going to do myself and probably still will. I was going to get a roll of sticky backed paper stuff. Dont know what it's reel name is. anyway, draw the name on the back and remember to draw it backwards and then cut the inside of the lettering out. Peel off the sticky crap and adhear to boat. Then paint over it and in a day or two, Peel it off. Would be alot cheapper i guess. Hope maybe that will help.

Woodsy ;)

marco
04-10-2006, 09:45 AM
pds graphics for stick on ones , they do good work ( 0408887298) , i suppose you could even get them to reverse the sticker to make a stencil and paint on as woddsy said , that would make a pretty neat job of it .

DR
04-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi Daz, not a lot of us dinosaurs around that can write in paint on your boat :( depending on how complicated you want to go it is a lot more expensive to have painted on compared to vinyl. It's all charged on time.
most sign companies can do layered vinyl, but the more colours the thicker it is. Talk to some as there are ways of creating the illusion of using more when it is actually less ::)

rough_shag
04-10-2006, 11:01 AM
G'day mate,find a signwriter business(plenty around) and they are sure to have a computerised cad drawing machine which can cut out from rolls of vinyl adhesive.Select your preferred lettering(font),size and colour and the machine will laser cut the lettering for you to adhere to your boat,just be sure to clean the area well before putting the lettering onto it and Robert's ya father's brother!!(Bob's your uncle).Cheers! Jace.

capt
04-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Patronise Ausfish , buy one of there's!!!!!!!! JIMMY

PinHead
04-10-2006, 03:41 PM
G'day mate,find a signwriter business(plenty around) and they are sure to have a computerised cad drawing machine which can cut out from rolls of vinyl adhesive.Select your preferred lettering(font),size and colour and the machine will laser cut the lettering for you to adhere to your boat,just be sure to clean the area well before putting the lettering onto it and Robert's ya father's brother!!(Bob's your uncle).Cheers! Jace.

all you have to do to accomplish all that is go here :
http://www.ausfish.com.au/sticker/

you can see what it will look like..you won't be disappointed

DR
04-10-2006, 04:27 PM

thats fine if you only want one see how it looks in one colour. Does not help if you want different coloured letter, with 2nd colour outline & 3rd colur outline & shade etc. etc. etc.
there is a lot that can be done, i am sure ausfish will do it, but it becomes a bit more difficult for you to apply if you are layering colours, you are better biting the bullet & getting it installed by someone who does it for a living..

PinHead
04-10-2006, 05:03 PM

crikey..are you putting a name on a boat or painting the ceiling of the sistine chapel

thats fine if you only want one see how it looks in one colour. Does not help if you want different coloured letter, with 2nd colour outline & 3rd colur outline & shade etc. etc. etc.
there is a lot that can be done, i am sure ausfish will do it, but it becomes a bit more difficult for you to apply if you are layering colours, you are better biting the bullet & getting it installed by someone who does it for a living..

DazSamFishing
04-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I might go with Boat Names australia... I got a quote and design from one of the blokes... Looks pretty good... and reasonably priced...

I would go with Ausfish... but I am after something different/colourful/with graphics!

I will certainly grab some AUSFISH stickers... I cant wait until i get the boat!

Cheers

Daz

DR
04-10-2006, 06:25 PM

crikey..are you putting a name on a boat or painting the ceiling of the sistine chapel

sistine chapel ;D...it's an art, especially if hand written..
if you spend what some do on boats you may as well do the name properly.. anyone can do a one colour sticker.

PinHead
04-10-2006, 06:31 PM

sistine chapel ;D...it's an art, especially if hand written..
if you spend what some do on boats you may as well do the name properly.. anyone can do a one colour sticker.

I have spent a coupole of bucks on boats but preferred the straight out black stickers on a white hull.