PDA

View Full Version : Ramp Ego.

Cruize
30-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Jason T got me thinking. How many of you blokes help or consider other on the ramp.

Here is an example of a couple of jerks.

I retrieved my boat solo - had the bow on the trailer and jumped off to hook up the winch clip to bow and the meathead next to me decides to gun his twin motors at half throttle on to his trail (which was not set up for a drive on) and the back wash water curned up from his twin motors washed my boat off the trailer and back out into the water.

They thought it was funny - I think they are d/;kheads. In my younger days I would have told em what I thought - now if I did they proberbly would have bashed me.

madmix
30-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Did they help retrieve your boat

davez104
30-09-2006, 11:05 AM
W@nkers never cease to amaze me. I don't know what it is that they get out of doing things like that. I know we all did silly/stupid things when we were younger, but I know I was not inconsiderate to anyone. My mum brought me up that way and there were consequenses if she found out I was behaving otherwise. And she always had a way of finding things out, the joy of being brought up in a small country town I guess.

And now that I'm a little older ( I would say a little more mature, but not sure if thats exactly right), I find it really anoys me to see the way some meatheads behave around people, I think "what the hell did I ever do to you". Ahh, just rambling now, I know :-[ :-X But, some of the best laughs I've ever had are when you see these idiots screw up, whether it be going A-up on the ramp, pushing their boat out then finding out it won't start, running aground, whatever, there's a million of em. Anybody else, I would stop and help them, but these guys, I smile, throw em a wave and drive on by, probably not the nicest thing to do, but I don't think I'll burn in hell for it. Jesus was a bit of a fisherman too, wasn't he?

Dave.

Glenn_Woods
30-09-2006, 12:31 PM
What cheeses me off is the wankers on the road that dont give a dam about me towing a 6 mtr boat. These numb nuts just have to pass you to only turn left just mtrs up the road [smiley=furious.gif]. I have nearly a couple of ton on that trailer and it just doesn't stop on a dime. Idiots on the water i can avoid, but idiots on the road get my goat up. [smiley=bomb.gif]
Woodsy.

stevedemon
30-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi all
i'm the same most times when i go fishing, it is by my self and always manage on my own an have help a lot of people out with there boats and have had a few help me in return the one that gets me is when in line waiting to get to the ramp both on and off the cue jumpers to me this is just sheer ignorance and arrogance with no integrity at all and then you see the same meat heads on the water pissed as mutes and then you return to see the same meatheads placing the boats on the trailers and some poor people trying to get in or out and struggling with there vessel but no help from these wankers

i also have the same beef with yahoo's on the road i'm travelling with 5.3mtrs of fibreglass boat and it will not pull up on a 2 cent piece
when will they learn before or after they have killed someone

maybe and idea to mention to the transport when issueing lic both car and boats and remind them part of training should be patients and curtiosity both at ramps and when travelling behind towing vechiles

ya i know i'm dreaming in todays society of no patients, no integrity, Total ignorance and arrogance, road & ramp rage

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Loco_Pez
30-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Who are these people ? Everyone on this forum (& most others for that matter) seem to have the same experiences. Are these jerks on this website & just stay quiet or don't think they are doing anything wrong ??? or are the too stoopid to work a computa ???

I can't understand it at all. How can someone not realise they are being a total d1ckhead ? Rhetorical question I guess :(

Cruize
01-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Did they help retrieve your boat

No they didn't - just winched their boat laughin and drove off at about 50 klicks

Cruize
01-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks for your support guys - and I know what you mean about towing v's idiots. How's the way they cut you off and cause you to brake quickly.

Where the hell is the Aussie Mateship these days.

I would think that most people on this site do not act this way but if it is you I hope that if it is you you (no respect or consideration) that you listen, learn and change your ways.

gutzy
01-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I think the people on this site are more interested in the mateship of fishing and that is why were all here helping 1another out on all aspects of fishing.
Some people fish and some people care about fishing!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

rick_k
01-10-2006, 10:20 PM
stuff 'em.

Smile sweetly and move on.

You won't change them.

The Buddhists will way it is up to us whether we get angry or not.

SgBFish
02-10-2006, 03:51 PM
As my old man would say, "CUT THE BASTARDS" before they breed.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

grey_inflatable
02-10-2006, 06:32 PM
i got to have a laugh at one of them dick heads one time at crissy i was at moreton on the way back. when we met head on on the sand track i was loaded up with ducky on the roof and the defender pack as.
these guys had pull in on there side of the track they sat there so after a while i pulled over across the front of the twats so they could pass .

when we were on the barge well shit the last car on was them being towed buy a fork lift so sweet to see and then on the way back there they were swering drinking starght scotch in the family area and carring on. well thats my rant

Kendall249
05-10-2006, 10:05 PM
I make a point of always helping someone in need, particularly at the ramp. I know how stressful it can be. It annoys me to see people making stupid comments and laughing at someone having trouble. Ironically it these people who are laughing and the likes, who can't do any better in the same situation. Also helping someone who needs it on the ramp speeds things up for everyone.

DazSamFishing
05-10-2006, 11:12 PM
I see the same thing quite often... Especially when boats are coming into the ramp/pontoon, I will always try to assist a larger boat/halfcabin because most of them nudge the pontoon scratching their hull because they dont have any fenders.

It annoys me when I see boats coming in, and the dysfunctional fishermen on these pontoons have a good chuckle when a boat nudges the pontoon... It dosent take much to put a hand out...

Also, seeing other boaties have a chuckle, and then they push their own boat out but the motor doesnt start... I can admit I always have a laugh at these people... Is it not commonsense to check the motor before you leave?

Daz

Cruize
06-10-2006, 07:49 AM
Daz - others could learn from both your examples. Good on ya! ;)

Kendall249
06-10-2006, 12:31 PM
I made a post to this thread yesterday and guess what, I took the boat for a cruise and as I approached the harbour I see a yachtie paddling into the harbour. So I happily assisted towed him back to the coast guard ramps. I wasn't the only boatie around at the time, but obviously I was the only one offer assistance.

I do such things for the self satisfaction, but won't complain if its comes back to me in the form of good fishing karma ;D ;D.

Cruize
06-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Mate I hope it comes back 7 fold!

Cruize
06-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Funny it does come back.

THe other night I was cruising down logan river and this guy was using his paddles - it looked like he was putting out crab pots but I went over anyway - he was out of petrol so I gave him my reserve tank - no charge.

Off back down the river and my motor over heats and stops- next thing the guy I gave the petrol to goes past with out a thought for me. Nice dcik head I thought. Anyway Nugget came to the rescue - got him on the radio and he towed me to the ramp. Thanks mate!