PDA

View Full Version : Building a Casting Deck

a
11-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Help Needed!!!!
After another frustrating Flathead classic it's time to get the edge tracker serious for some hours spent on the water.
I am hoping to spend the next few months seriously casting at Jacks and Barra.
Basically I need a casting deck on the front with some storage/possible live bait tank and an area for an electric Motor.

Set up at Present is the 4m V nose punt edgetracker with the 35HP Johnno 3 cyl pushing it.
I have a casting deck and live bait tank on the rear but really doesn't suit. Carpeted floor inbetween 2 x bench seat filled with foam.

What I want to do is build a good size casting deck to start say halfway and to the nose (incorporating existing seating as i don't think I should be cutting into this) Should I use an Aluminum frame of timber?

Any idea's/plans on how to do this would be a great help. Other than that any idea's on costs of getting it done properley might be the better alternative.

Loof forward to some ideas!!!!! ;D ;D

Duyz72
11-10-2006, 12:50 PM
You should post some pics of the current interior set up from a few angles so we can get a better understanding to what you are working with.

Might be worth taking out what you have at the back (since as you said it doesn't suit your needs) and doing the entire boat in one go.

marlinqld
11-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Ask young josh...going_phishin i think..or is that his dad, josh might be gone_phishin....anyway one is josh one his dad

He did a great job on his tender lil tuffy..... see his thread on it......

here it is here

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1158478569/0#0

Mike

a
11-10-2006, 01:38 PM
yah duyz72 thought of that while i was typing
and as for josh, I might hire him over the school holidays.
Great to see the young fella not afraid to pick up the tools.

Might to some sneaky digi photo research to get some casting deck plans as well.

cheers

finga64
11-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Have a look at this thread on what I did with my Edgetracker.
The canopy lasted 1 trip and then got thrown under the house :)
http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1133643591/12#12
and on the water it looks like this now. I took the Tohatsu off and put on a Honda. :)
http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1156920028/31#31
It as a Garmin GPS and Humminbird 727 now as well
I did that under the house
Cheers Scott :)

SCOTTYGC
11-10-2006, 03:31 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1158571412/0

check out the above link for jeffos boat

work done by col at fisher boats

im sure if you gave him a call he would give you some great ideas

scotty

esselte
11-10-2006, 03:58 PM
I did that to my quintrex 385 explorer. Used aluminium frame leaving the front seat in place. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Good luck

finga64
11-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Oops :-[

a
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Thankx finga, that some serious work there mate. Hope you've sorted out your difference with yor old mate?
Thanks Scottygc, I didn't realise jeffo was doing the full refit, I'll give him a buzz and harass him about the job.

I have come up with some reasonably simple ideas I think, just need to find someone that can weld the supports in place, i think I should be able to manage the casting deck, floorsand storage holds. Dust the old jig saw off. It can't be nay harder than rebuilding bathrooms kitchens and verandahs on weekends.

Cheers again boyz. I might try and take some pics of current model with a drawing of the plans so you know what I'm thinking. Would a 1/2 length casting deck with anchor/elec battery/life jacket/rod locker/esky/ and bait tank me too much u think......

esselte
15-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Some pics of my explorer fit out.

Any question please ask and will be happy to help

Jason

esselte
15-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Another

esselte
15-10-2006, 02:45 PM
one more

Fishin_Dan
16-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Armoz - JT did a floor in his hornet. You could have a chat to him also. He put a post up about it a while ago. A search should find you something.