PDA

View Full Version : centre console and clears design

dooley
08-10-2006, 09:03 PM
hi,

wouldn't mind some ideas on a design for a centre console with some type of side clears - don't want a t-top because it wont fit in the garage. boat is a 5m open tinny

i'd like the clears to be removable and am desigining the console from scratch so can do anything - just can't seem to get any decent ideas or inspiration at the moment.

feedback and ideas/pics would be appreciated.

cheers fellas,
dools

the_bomber
09-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi Dools
It might be tough on a 5 metre tinny for room but I think there is alot of merit in the "sheds" for want of a better term that Col does on the fisher boats. It would require a collapsible roof that I believe Col has done before too.
By having a console with screen, roof and roll down sides you can have just the windward side down to offer that protection. The lee side can be open if it is warm and because it does not go to the sides of the boat it is still a walk around configuration.
I would want tabs to compensate for the lean into the wind.
Have a look at the fisher site for inspiration
Cheers
Rob

dooley
09-10-2006, 11:18 PM
thanks mate - i agree that it's only the windward side that needs protection.

get's a bit wet coming home in any sort of a chop with a cross wind.

have taken a look at the cols site but didn't see much in the way of a the "sheds" you were mentioning - saw some nice looking rigs but not a great deal by way of centre console that looked like what i was after - anything there in particular you noticed mate ?

cheers for the reply,
dools

the_bomber
10-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Hi Dools
Although it is on a bigger boat look in 600 series and jayjar moo or bald eagles
Your boat would be too small for the bait prep table but could have the console and seat with the ability to roll the sides up to the roof. It would depend on the beam of your boat if you have the width.
I cannot remember which one Col did with the roof that drops down like the supports slid inside each other and a pin in each support held it up or down
Contact Col and he may give you some pointers
Cheers
Rob

bin_lookin
11-10-2006, 07:34 PM
dools where are you based i have 4.8 centre console with screen &t top all folds down my shed door is 2.4 & it goes under with plenty room to spare .i am at alex hills in the redlands if close by you can come and see

dooley
11-10-2006, 11:16 PM
hey bin_lookin,

thanks for the offer champ - really appreciate it but i'm quite a few hours away from you mate.

would love to see any pics if you have them - let me know and i can pm u my email addy.

thanks again mate,
d

GBC
12-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Send me your email address and I'll send some pics - only been on A.F. for three years and still can't post pics!!!!! :P :P

Sportfish_5
12-10-2006, 07:02 AM
I think this is the Fisher you are looking for ;)

http://www.fisherboats.com.au/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=6&pos=14

FNQCairns
12-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Greg thats a pretty smart setup in that pic, stored now some where in the grey matter.

cheers fnq

bin_lookin
16-10-2006, 06:55 PM
hey dools camera is dead fell in esky while crabing crabs one camera lost out sorry but the short of it is ,alli angle is the base with grab rail around the out side windscreen is at the front as normal at the top of grab rails is a bracket welded so tee top can bolt to it at the bottom of angle steering side of console it is bolted so it can fold down the tee top folds to back of boat &sits on the floor the windscreen folds the same way but stops just above the steering wheel only takes about 5 min to get it ready to go hope this helps can ring me if still in trouble 07 38248982 cheers bin lookin