ribbit
14-10-2006, 03:53 PM
any one got one?

StevenM
14-10-2006, 08:05 PM
wish I did

youngfisho
14-10-2006, 11:35 PM
have heard that they are a good riding hull but a little wet, from another ausfish member. Also they are a little high in the price department when compared to other 5.3m plate boats of similar design. Having never been in one i cant give you a first hand account, just going by what other owners have said. I think stones corner marine is the dealer in brisbane for those boats. Not sure of their after sales service or anything and havent bought or sold a boat from them but their chandlery is a bit ho hum and cant say they were jumpin out of their skin to help me either.

have you looked at fisher or AMM or joshua boats?

andrew

ribbit
15-10-2006, 07:20 AM
thanks youngfisho, i am melb based so joshua bit hard. I looked at joshua last year nice boat, good feedback but mate they wernt that cheap. also no agents in melb so freight too dear. maybe qld get a better deal on joshua and we get barcrusher chaeper. They are made in dandenong which is 10 mins drive for me for backup.
Most warranties on alloy boats are not worth nothing to us Vic if we have t pay return frieght to factory as they claim in booklets.

seatime
15-10-2006, 04:36 PM
It seems the real good custom built plate alloy boats are made in Qld. The Southern states seem to produce more of the production type plate boats, shame really, you'll have to do a trip up here and look around at our builders ::)

regards

Hibernator
15-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Ribbit,

I have a BC560C with a 140 suzuki & test drove a BC530C with a 115 before I bought its bigger brother.

As mentioned by youngfisho, they can be a bit of a wet ride compared to other similar boats, and you have be wary with weight distribution when they are up on the plane as they tend to lay over a bit if you have too much weight on either side. #Easily managed by where you have eskies, people, etc sitting. Or a set of trim tabs.

The build quality & toughness of the boat is excellent and the helpfulness of the guys at Barcrusher in Dandenong has been outstanding.

What options were you planning to get with it?

Hibernator

ribbit
16-10-2006, 05:25 AM
115 etec hardtop, plumbed tank is all i need. I want to do most fitout myself.

Hibernator
16-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Have a look at the shade extension for the hardtop that they offer. A cheap way to get double the sun protection for those hot days.
I got a plumbed bait tank, and then fitted my own deckwash pump to the extra fitting they leave at the bait tank pump suction pipe. I wish I had got an anchor winch fitted (Getting old & lazy)

Hibernator

legless
16-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey ribbit hows things..bought mine last december and so far have just done over 100 hours in it.Live up in Cairns so get to give it a bit of both estuary and reef fishing in it.Have to agree about the lean and the wetness,hate to be out on a melbourne winter day having a fish.Had a front clear made up ,quick release like the sides but now having extentions on the sides to stop the water dripping down my back from the hardtop. Best suggestion is to go for a test ride as your dealer is down there,didn't have that chance up here and had to buy a $42.000 boat by just reading boat test.(Don't read boat tests anymore).If you want to have a chat i would be happy to give you my number by personal message.Take care

ribbit
17-10-2006, 09:26 PM
thanks guys

noluck
18-10-2006, 10:17 AM
i got c560 with 115 and it das all what i wone
very happy with it
few mounts back i instole trim tabs and thay fix my roling side to side problem whan is on plane

what ever u buy good luck
no_luck

snelly1971
18-10-2006, 09:11 PM
A mates got a 5.3m one fitted with twin 60 Yam 4S...great riding little boat...but way too expensive at $53000 and the deck room is limited....go for a tristar...or sea quest...

snelly1971
18-10-2006, 11:20 PM
P.S. Give Tri-Star Marine a call in Tassie...they build one of the best riding and toughest boats on the market...at a reasonable price ;) ;) ;) ;)

SgBFish
19-10-2006, 09:08 AM
I looked long and hard at them.
Then the price went up dramatically. I doubt now if you could put one on the water for under $50K with electrics and 4S.

Thats a lot of money for a 5.3 plate boat.

Scott

julian1
19-10-2006, 09:35 AM
A mates got the 560C withg 115 Suzy 4 stroke and single axle trailer, paid $43,00 at Melbourne boatshow last year with updgraded seats. He then went on to spend approx $3,000 on electronics, so all up about $46-47000. I have heard the Barcrusher's are around $4000 dearer up north from the dealers. it seems a bit unfair that Barcrusher are not willing to sell at a wholesale price to dealers up north. So if you have a mate or relation down south get them to buy it as Barcrusher will not sell direct to Northern States where there are dealers. So yes you may as well just go buy a Fisher (better boat anyway)