PDA

View Full Version : Give the Old Girl a Polish Up

scooter5
20-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Since the weather looks like crap for the weekend :( :( I have decided to give my boat a bit of TLC :) :). Has anyone used a good gelcoat restorer that they would reccomend. My boat is fibreglass and has faded badly. The gelcoat has not gone chaulky yet so I am hopeing I can bring it back. Any feedback on proven processes would be appreciated.

Cheers

Scott

PADDLES
20-10-2006, 10:18 AM
do a bit of a search through the boating section, there's heaps of info in here. 'blackened' is your man though, he's given plenty of top advice on boat detailing. :)

scooter5
20-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks for that Paddles I have found heaps of stuff but was hopeing to get a product that someone has used with great results

Cheers

Scott

PADDLES
20-10-2006, 03:34 PM
hi scott, i used some polish called 'fibre shine' from bias. it seems to work pretty good on gelcoat that's not too damaged. there's a section on my boat where a previous owner has had a repair done and the gelcoat has faded more than the original colour and this polish hasn't brought that back at all. dave aka 'blackened' recommended i give a gelcoat restorer a go.

Blackened
20-10-2006, 05:01 PM
G'day

Scott, give me a call. 0421 802 691

Dave