PDA

View Full Version : Webster Twinfisher problem

Dr_Shane_Griffiths
16-06-2006, 08:41 AM
I've had my 4.6 m Webster twinfisher centre console for about 6 months. Awesome boat, but I've just had this weird problem where the flat metal sheet near the bow between the two hulls has bent from excessive water pressure in a following sea/chop. Now I certainly haven't thrashed the boat or been out in coditions over 10-15 knots and 1.5 m swell and I've only got a 60hp on it so I'm limited to 20 knots top speed, so it's not misuse in my book. You can actually hear the metal flexing when you head down a chop and then meet the next wave. There's nowhere for the water to go but to press on the flat piece of metal. It seem only cosmetic at the moment, but I fear with constant flexing it may eventually crack the joining welds. Anyone had the same problem. I'm going to contact the manufacturer about it today and see what they say.

Any help would be great.

waykel
17-06-2006, 09:31 PM
that is bent, and it should not be :-?

flatstrap
19-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Looks to me like a downforce has been applied to the front of the hull. Just guessing but it could be;
a) rocking the hull while on the trailer and the chain to towing eye too tight
b) excessive weight on the fore deck
c) hit semi submerged object

I don't want to depress you but aluminium is not the best for flexing or repairing... flatstrap

ANYFISH
20-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Gday mate

Did you hit a big wave and hear it go or was it just a long rough trip.
a dint like that would take some doing.
Have you got a side on photo of the boat to see if it is bent that way?

Did you talk to webster? Do they have any explinations?

Cheers Anyfish

Mr__Bean
24-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey Rouge,

Did you get a reply from Webster about the damage.

Am interested in a follow-up.

- Darren

davo
25-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Have you lifted the floor to look at the framing? You might have so broken welds which have allowed the flexing.

KGW2
25-10-2006, 11:29 AM
I heard that he traded it in for a new Quintrex.............. :-[

Roughasguts
25-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Ouch! looks like they be using under spec Ally, way to thin for the high pressure area right there.
Hitting water hard is like hitting concrete it ain't soft when you got 20 knots up, and the tide running at 5kts the other way.