PDA

View Full Version : Side Pocket Rod locker

stevos
31-10-2006, 05:55 PM
After years of leaving the boat moored infront of the holiday place and religiously stripping her of anything of value that could possibly be stolen, I have decided that a mod is required to save at least one handful of the trip. By the time you grab the sounder head unit, the tackle box, the esky, bucket of water for the crabs, a fistfull of rods and everything else it is an effort to crack a stubby up the way up to the ramp.

So the idea I have had is pretty simply (so far) - I replace the port side pocket that is only about 1m long with a longer version up to the front cast deck. I would ideally like to leave the end open or have a flap I could open so that I can put the tips of the longer rods through when necessary.

The only problem with this is that to make it work it will need a lockable lid - only problem is I have a rod holder that I dont really want to loose right above where this lid would lift.

This is just my initial idea, anyone else got any ideas to keep rods and smaller gear locked away (mostly as a deterent it doesnt have to be a jail cell). Check out the pic for the arrangement at the moment.