PDA

View Full Version : Haines Signature 600F

Shallow_Diver
29-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Does anyone out there own or know of someone who has a Haines Signature 600F. If so, please let me know what you think of them as I am thinking of purchasing one and want some info from those who already have one.. Any feedback, good or bad would be appreciated. Also would like to know what motor is on your boat.

Chris

haze
30-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Shallow Diver
Ive got a 600f which I bought last year. Its fitted with a 150 honda. I have been generally happy with the boat. It rides nicely especially through chop, its stable at rest and there is plenty of cockpit space. I have kids and needed a boat that was able to be a combination fishing boat for myself and a few mates as well as a family boat. It fits this criteria well. The things I don't like about the boat are; the deck wash and live tank pump fittings rusted after 1 month. The windscreen is high a can sometimes become annoying. the engine well is a little small especially for the 4 strokes; the honda for instance cannot be fully tilted and clips put down. This also affects the bait board which needs to be removed when the boat is out of the water. Like I said I'm quite happy with the boat, its just those little things that can become annoying at times (I think all boats are the same). Some of the problems that I've had are dealer issues rather than the actual boat.

Shallow_Diver
30-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Haze
Thanks for the reply, I had a 542F so I know what you mean when talking about the motor not being able to be fully tilted back due to the baitboard etc. Apart from that I am very happy with the signature and are looking forward to getting the 600. I wasn't sure as to whether to put a 140 or 150hp Suzuki 4 stroke on it, but after reading that you have the 150 Honda, I'll probably go the 150. I will be using it mainly for fishing with a couple of mates, however also wanted it for the family. It seems to be a good boat for both.
Anyway, thanks for replying.

haze
02-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Shallow Diver

Go for the 150 nothing less. I've seen quite a few of these boats around nearly all have the 150 on them. The Honda is a nice smooth, reliable motor, however I've heard excellent reports about the suzuki. They are a little lighter than the honda and this could only be good thing for the signature which sometimes I feel sags a bit at the back with the extra weight.

I hope this helps. Decisions, decisions. Good Luck!!!

Shallow_Diver
04-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks Haze...I agree with your comments and have already put in the order for the 150hp

marco
05-11-2006, 03:34 AM
for what it's worth i put a suzuki 140 on a 540f , great engine but lacked a lot on the hole shot and intial throttle response , i would imagine a 600 signature would do better with a 175 .

mark