24-12-2005, 12:47 PM
more

blaze
24-12-2005, 12:48 PM
more

blaze
24-12-2005, 12:53 PM
my thought of the day
If you decide to do any work on your glass work on your boat, get yourself some Qcell. Its a powder that you mix with resin or flowcoat and make up a filler with a consistancy to suit the application.
merry christmas
blaze

revs57
24-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Good stuff Blaze,

She's coming along quite nicely...you really know your stuff...

BTW do you have some sort of time line? How long do you reckon the rebuild will take? Remember, if you're up this way before the rebuild is compelte I've always got room for a good deckie!!!! ;)

The Rip Tide is really impressive...I will bring a full report in a couple of weeks...I'm just home for two days before returning to Minnie Boxing day...the fishing has been a little disappointing so far - we've been getting a feed but nothing more...hopefully will get a little more serious after Christmas

Cheers

Rhys

blaze
24-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Hi Rhys
I allowed 3 months from the time I started allowing for a bit of income earning, bit of deckie duty, etc. My first thoughts were to put the boat at Circular Head Marines spare shed, it was offered but then I felt obligated to purchase my material from them. I have been able to buy all my supplies at wholesale prices and saving about 45%, The 3 months time line was worked out by only being able to work on it in business hours when I was not working so by being home (takes a lot room in the shed and dusty ) I am able to work half the night if I like and often do. The only trouble in being at home is its hard to drag my self away, always doing that little bit more.
not tomorow though
merry christmas
blaze

DALEPRICE
24-12-2005, 04:33 PM
lookin good blaze
dale

familyman
24-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Blaze your christmas present?....itchy arms and legs ;D ;)
Seriously though ,looking good ,it would be good to be able to build the exact layout you want without paying for a custom build.Just wondering,the ply ,have you coated the underside of it in resin ?Also did you consider using epoxy resin or too dear?
merry christmas and tight lines to all :)
cheers jon

blaze
24-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Hi Jon
the stringers are made of hollow glass- 10mm thick
So trying not to lose to much weight(dont want it banging like a tinnie), I am putting in 12mm bulkheads with 2 layers of 600g matting with a roven for added support for a few inchs where the bulkhead joins the floor.
The floor is 10mm ply, pre coated with resin underneath with enough catalyst so it takes about 24hrs to dry so it soaks into the ply. The ply is then given one layer of 600g matting, while that is semi dry surfaces that the floor sits on is then given a generous coating of qcell and the floor is then fastened down by screws until dry, they are then removed and the holes filled. The floor is then coated on the top with a slow drying resin mix so it also soaks in, then layed up with 2 x 600g matting with a 6 inch strip wear the floor joins the chine.
The floor was previously 12mm but I have only used 10mm and added 5 extra layers of 600mm and 2 x 700g roven woven along the chines which is where the floor joins (wont break ever again).
The fuel tank cover will be made of klegcell (closed cell foam sheeting) as will most covers, shelves and seat petistels.
cheers
blaze
ps
just sharing a bottle of black douglas with my self and really think some other bugger is helping them selfs because I am still coherent

blaze
28-12-2005, 09:31 AM
pic of side bulkheads

blaze
28-12-2005, 09:33 AM
every thing under deck is being flowcoated, before deck is layed (except joining areas
pic of side floors in

blaze
28-12-2005, 09:38 AM
fuel tank has had its final pressure check before fitting tank cover, this will be raised at the cabin bulkhead to 5mm above deck hieght tapering down to being raised 2mm in the work area at the rear of the boat. This has been done to help keep the water to the rear of the boat to make for a dryer deck (my theory)

Darryl
28-12-2005, 10:31 AM
What make and size is she Blaze?

1/3 of the way but you got that 1/3 done pretty fast mate.

blaze
28-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi Crestcutter
20'
make unknown
think there is a strong possibility that it is a hartly design, think there was a boat turned up side down in queensland once and a boat built off a male mould, the guy I got it off towed it down to tassie, if it wasnt such a good performing hull I would not have bothered rebuilding her.
cheers
blaze

Darryl
28-12-2005, 11:37 AM
She looks fine, nothing wrong with the old hartley, hence why i keep a hold of this carribean crestcutter i have. Built like a tank and plenty of room like yours.

After following your boat rebuild, i am thinking of putting my cruise tank under the floor and also putting a kill tank in there as well.

Is there a third tank or section in there and if there is and i am not seeing things what sthat for mate? Live bait?.

Cheers
Darryl.

Darryl
28-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Looking good Blaze , not long now.

blaze
28-12-2005, 04:25 PM
I wish, about to see a fellow to do a bit for me. Probable should have insured for about 3G more. Then I could sit back and watch. She wont break again though.
cheers
blaze
ps
I reckon I am 1/3 of the way

blaze
28-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Hi Darryl
From the rear there is the water sump for the bilge pump, then the kill tank, then fuel tank wwhich finishes at the cabin bulkhead. I will then drop as low as I can for the cabin floor (todays job), that will be 1250mm long and into another bulkhead that comes up to the top of the stringers, foward of that will be a small floor storage area (place to put a porta potty if the wife decides she wants to come out). Live bait tank is on the outside of the boat, it is incorparated in my aux motor braket. (doesnt get used much)
I will keep posting pics as I go,
cheers
blaze

blaze
05-11-2006, 09:23 AM
part of it Pete