PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst boat you have owned

troy
31-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Mine Was the Monarc Victory.
Every one that went in it called it the nut crussher.
Troy :'( :'(

manchild
31-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Quintrex dart ,talking about nutchrushing :D
George

PinHead
31-10-2006, 07:42 PM
any tinny..wet, bouncing bloody things

Brissyguy
31-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Didn't own it but my mate had a 17' Nova half cabin.

Whilst they handled a sea well enough, if you were travelling accross the sea at speed the boat would lay over on one side and stay there for a few seconds or until the next wave righter her.

Once you got used to it there wasn't a problem but I can still hear my mate's wife scream the first time we took her out in it LMFAO !

On a lighter note I don't think I could say I've actually owned a bad boat.
Seafarers, Caribbeans, Savages and SeaJay have all been kind to me.
I guess if you stick to tried and proven manufacturers you are reasonably safe...

Cheers,
Rich.

HarryO
31-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Good thread, Troy...

Pongrass Surfmaster I owned in the late70's/early 80's.

Surfmaster? ....... Ha!

Bloody Ripplemaster, more like it...

This "boat", and I use the term lightly,
would broach eagerly with a half a metre of following sea,

and I lost count of how many times I put the bow into
a one metre wave and copped a impromptu drenching.

I've since been extremely wary, and critical of the
mis-leading names that some manufacturers christen
their products with...

And then there was the 16ft Hartly V8 inboard power boat
we called "The Tank".

More leeks than a can of Heinz country ladle,
but oh boy, it made an impressive bow wave.

Every time we pulled in to the servo, the manager would
come out with open arms, and introduce us to his family.

(I think we were paying for the kids education)

I could go on.....

Harry.

Black_Jack
31-10-2006, 11:37 PM
12 foot mantray tinny

Kendall249
31-10-2006, 11:53 PM
nova craft eclipse

Deiter
01-11-2006, 12:25 AM
5m Quinnie runabout, pre millenium hull.

nutcracking, titbouncing, jawrattler in any chop over 4 inches.

No one dared riding seated at the helm without one hand cupping the genitalia.

marlinqld
01-11-2006, 05:20 AM
Deiter.......... titbouncing aint necessarily a bad thing to see ;) :P :P ;) ;D ;D

And depends who's holding youre genitalia ;) ;) ;D

troy
01-11-2006, 05:22 AM
This Victory i mentioned you would pull up at the ramp and you would be wet as a shag.
Other blokes would be lining up to put there boats in and they would see how drenched you were.
Straight away they would say ,what 's the weather real bad mate Little did they know it was calm.
Troy

troy
01-11-2006, 05:41 AM
any tinny..wet, bouncing bloody things
Pinhead,
Those tinnies hurt bad when your lad sticks you up the front and goes flat out in any type of weather. :'(
Troy

seatime
01-11-2006, 06:10 AM
my old man had a Stessl 12' tinnie - a hunk of junk, I used it 10x more than him because it was so unstable, and it hurt too bad for him to use.
and it fell apart before our eyes.

had a Stessl 18' cuddy at work for 3 yrs - another hunk of junk, worst riding, trimming and handling boat I've been in, bar none.

another workboat, a Dehavilland Trojan 21' runabout, while a tuff, uncomprimising boat, it should never have been in a runabout configuration. you needed traction applied to your spinal column after each trip!

Noelm
01-11-2006, 07:23 AM
this might raise a few eyebrows but up there with them would be an Alison 21foot boat a mate of mine had for crabbing, what a bit of crap that boat was, he hated it and so did I, and I only went out init a dozen or so times, he sold it after a year and got a Haines.

Deiter
01-11-2006, 08:54 AM
M-M, I stand corrected. ;D ;D

I will also add that for anyone who didn't already realise, you should never wear boxer-shorts whilst travelling seated in a tinnie. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Damo

hussy
01-11-2006, 09:49 AM
mine was a 400 hornet trophy, worst boat i have ever had the displeasure to own, had it for sale after the first 5 hours use ,couldn,t sell it quick enough . hubby

staddie_local
01-11-2006, 11:21 AM
mine was, 8ft fibergalss piece of crap, the thing was so small i couldent sit at the back.

saurian
01-11-2006, 11:31 AM
10 ft nothing dehavaland dinghy , It was 25 yr old when i bought it for
$ 50.( 15 yrs ago)
It took more water in than out , sold it for $ 100.
Best investment I've ever had.

HarryO
01-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Deiter.......... titbouncing aint necessarily a bad thing to see #;) :P :P ;) ;D ;D

And depends who's holding youre genitalia #;) ;) ;D

;D # ;D # ;D # #;D # #;D # #;D # #;D

surfsup
03-11-2006, 04:40 PM
12 foot savage pintail, the complimentary holes in the floor were a bit annoying, especially if you wanted dry gear.

marshy
03-11-2006, 04:57 PM
My worst boat was a Clark Cutter deluxe. It had all the usual small tinnie attributes-nut crunching,tit bouncing & soaking wet in a 5mm chop, plus the worst interior layout of any boat, ever. Why would a manufacturer make a 12ft forward steer runabout? My next question is why did I buy one ? I guess both Clark & myself learned a valuable lesson from that boat because they don't make em like that any more [thank god].
Marshy

Grand_Marlin
03-11-2006, 05:14 PM
5.6m Stessl Yellowfin Plate Alloy.

Looked good, had good layout ... I bought it without a water test (because they had a good reputation)

I took it out once and it scared shit out of me ... it wanted to broach badly in 2ft of chop in the Cairns inlet :o :o
Also, you couldnt turn it back across a chop, as it wanted to broach as well ... so pretty much the boat went where it wanted to go... no matter what the trim angle.

I took it straight back to where I bought it and demanded my money back.
I got it, and told him to keep $200 to re advertise it.

It was worth $200 for the experience :-/

Cheers

Pete

Homer_Jay
03-11-2006, 05:58 PM
An 11 ft dehaviland tinny. These old things were riveted together and all the rivets leaked and were cracking around all the rivets on the seats. Was as hard riding as anything. Was always an adventure in that thing.

David_P
03-11-2006, 08:14 PM
6m Quintrex Offshore, with the millenium hull. Pounded the crap out of me in anything over half a metre. Naming a boat like that an "Offshore" is a joke.

DP.

Homer_Jay
04-11-2006, 08:13 AM
I thought they were supposed to be pretty good those Quinnie Offshore.

I always liked the look of them. Guess you cant tell how a boat rides by the look of it!

rodbender
04-11-2006, 02:39 PM
This is going to upset a lot of people 4.9m 560 series Bruce Harris shark cat worse boat i have ever owned turned me of sharkcats for ever was not a day that i took it out that it didnot scare the sh!t out of me could not wait to get rid of it i had a big party when it was gone. ;) ;D

cheers Reg

troy
04-11-2006, 02:56 PM
What about the old 13 ft flared bowed Quintrex just going across a small boats wake in the creek left the old testes sore for months.
Troy [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]

wayne_cook
06-11-2006, 10:04 AM
5.5 alison my mate owned couldn,t wait to get rid of the piece.

billfisher
06-11-2006, 10:42 AM
brrbear,

What was wrong with the Allison? Was it the 189 Fisherman? Thats the first bad word I have heard of them.

billfisher
06-11-2006, 10:44 AM
brrbear,

What was wrong with the Allison? Was it the 189 Fisherman? Thats the first bad word I have heard of them.

Argle
06-11-2006, 12:02 PM
12ft DeHavilland tinny, the old man called it the "a$$ raper" it wasnt too kind on the pills either ;D Sold that and went on to a Haines Signature...Now THATS more like it the old man said! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers an Beers
Scott

GBC
06-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Cruise Craft 550 Outsider -

Paid good money for a good rep boat, and it did most things O.K., but it'd reduce you to tears in a bit of chop with any breeze.
Not a good long distance proposition.

C.J.

wayne_cook
06-11-2006, 03:07 PM
brrbear,

na I've heard onlly good about the 189 this was the 5.5fisherman